• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

holiday

Hotman

reason, honour, integrity
can someone please recommend an amazing holiday location please? done most of the med, baltic, balkans, etc but not really ventured much out of europe. thanks x

How far you willing to travel? Maldives are beautiful, but a long old flight. Goa or Thailand, again long flights.

Sri Lanka, you can have a bit of culture thrown in?

to be fair would rather bikini weather than quilted jacket weather...

How far you willing to travel? Maldives are beautiful, but a long old flight. Goa or Thailand, again long flights.

Sri Lanka, you can have a bit of culture thrown in?
Don't really give a monkeys about culture, as I'm sure you would have guessed... Will look into maldives...

Depends on your budget and when you wish to go away.
I also liked Thailand and the island of Koh Samui is a great option after a few nights in Bangkok.
If going away in June or July this would also be the right side of the country to avoid the rainy season.
Also like Cuba with a few nights in Havana or Mexico which has some decent couples only hotels

Maldives 100% Mauritius or Dubai close 2nds. You like a bit of luxury mate and the hotels in all 3 locations are superb!!!

dubai might be good... although isn't alcohol restricted there?

No mate, every hotel has a bar, restaurant or club and there isn't a shortage of hotels or complexes. They tighten up at Ramadan by boarding the windows to hotels bars I believe.

perfect, are the mosques noisy (got woken up at 5am every morning in egypt)

Dubai is amazing I went last year and will def be returning. Granted there are not the "loud music bars" that you get here at home or in Spain etc but, all the hotel bars are licensed to sell alcohol however, i have to say that alcohol is heavily taxed out there so it is expensive. be careful what time of the year that you go as the heat can be pretty unbearable (even the bus stop shelters are air conditioned).
We stayed in Jumeria but went up to the Palms/Atlantas whilst there and it is worth seeing. I found the country to be safe and clean and we used public transport everywhere (think it only cost us something like £2 on the train return).

Back