• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hollywood - less remakes, more originality please

Hollywood has been devoid of originality for years, apart from the notable exception (The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford springs to mind of recent times.)

Look how they just remake Asian horrors and ferk them up. The Japanese "Ring" is far more scarier than the US remake.

They're just lucky Western audiences are too damn lazy to read subtitles.

And I can't believe they're remaking this pile of crap and Arthur as well? Jeezus.

Last edited:
I am disappointed they are remaking The Karate Kid.

One of those rare films that make you want to go straight out and start a fight and I don't think the remake will capture that magic.

If you ask me sensai John Kreese had the right idea with his 'strike first, strike hard, no mercy' policy.

Mr Miyagi would have been kicked all round the car park at my local.

Last edited:
I am disappointed they are remaking The Karate Kid.

One of those rare films that make you want to go straight out and start a fight and I don't think the remake will capture that magic.

If you ask me sensai John Kreese had the right idea with his 'strike first, strike hard, no mercy' policy.

Mr Miyagi would have been kicked all round the car park at my local.

WEll he propably would now hed died in 2005 !
It sucks but its all about getting in the dollar , a sure thing so if it was a hit once why not again ;) . The comic films have been the most "original" recently and even they suck

WEll he propably would now hed died in 2005 !
It sucks but its all about getting in the dollar , a sure thing so if it was a hit once why not again ;) . The comic films have been the most "original" recently and even they suck

Batman....?

i dont care what people say, the remake of the Italian Job is a sexy film!

(The Assination of Jesse Jackson by the Coward Robert Ford springs to mind of recent times.)
This guy clearly had something against people called Jesse, was this a sequel? Also, I wouldn't like to be assinated, sounds painful.....

I've been saying for god knows how long! A big reason why I don't watch alot of hollywood output nowadays, even if not remakes they just churn out loads of films that are pretty much the same thing, yawn-o-rama!

Back