• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
First off , I like Paul Sturrock , admire greatly what he has achieved & his managerial skills away from home are absolutley second to none. His style of filling midfield, keeping it tight + hitting teams on the break works perfectly away.

However its becoming painfully clear when we are at Roots Hall he really hasnt got a clue. Wimbledon were there for the taking last night... they are down the bottom for a reason - they are a weak team. We should have gone into the game on the attack + rip them apart but no , we sit back + try to use those away game tactics. IT DOESNT WORK AT HOME ! YOU CANT CATCH TEAMS ON THE BREAK WHEN THEY DEFEND DEEP IN NUMBERS!!! We barely warmed the Wimbledon keepers gloves all night - did he make 1 save ? Total Rubbish! Wimbledon couldnt believe their luck.

So i propose this --- Sturrock is the manager for all away games. For Home games Sturrock has the night off ( thus saving his health for training/away games) and somebody else is manager. I dont care if its Coughlin. I dont care if its Barker. I dont care if we rotate it like "Have i got news for you" and have a guest in charge that changes each week. Anybody! Do a raffle on Shrimperzone !!!! ....

It was blatantly obvious last night was huge tactical faux pas , but we've seen it time + time again at home. Really dreadful , really really dreadful. Players had no idea what they were supposed to be doing or where they were playing, not one of our players were above 4 out of 10 + really should donate their weeks salaries to Comic Relief coz that performance was Laughable. I think i can count the number of really great home performances in the last 3 years on one hand.

We wear a different kit home + away - Why the hell cant we have a different boss with different tactics home + away.

:darkcloud::darkcloud::darkcloud::darkcloud::darkcloud:

Different tactics, yes.
Different manager, no!

It has only been this season that our home form has been very poor, but we lack some vital parts of the spine of our team. We don't have Phillips and Barker at the back to keep us solid. We don't have that energy in Tomlin up front, with the creativity of Timlin behind him. We miss Laird and Mkandawire in the middle to protect our defence.

Playing 4-4-2 with those back means we should have no reason to not attack at home.

Different tactics, yes.
Different manager, no!

It has only been this season that our home form has been very poor, but we lack some vital parts of the spine of our team. We don't have Phillips and Barker at the back to keep us solid. We don't have that energy in Tomlin up front, with the creativity of Timlin behind him. We miss Laird and Mkandawire in the middle to protect our defence.

Playing 4-4-2 with those back means we should have no reason to not attack at home.

Sadly those key players will have returned far too late, I don't see us winning 7 out of 9 and therefore I believe our season ended last night. Just Wembley to look forward to now.

Sadly those key players will have returned far too late, I don't see us winning 7 out of 9 and therefore I believe our season ended last night. Just Wembley to look forward to now.

Tomlin and Laird are back in training by the end of this week, but I think our league season will end after a defeat at the weekend.

This thread just makes me think of:

[video=youtube;3IzdV0gJS3U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IzdV0gJS3U[/video]

I guess teams are watched away from home to see the set up and style and maybe Sturrock set us up in a way he thought we could break them down. Sturrock has been around a long time and has done well. We are all happy on here and he is great while we win. As soon as we lose, people want him out.

Bizarre.

Back