• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lager or Bitter

• Summer = Lager

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • British Summer = Bitter

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Dont be a twonk...make both.

Votes: 7 24.1%

• Total voters

callan

Striker
Being long term unemployed I have a lot of time on my hands and am trying to use it wisely by making homebrew for self consumption .
The wine has got off to a cracking start with only problem being getting my supply and demand right (currently making two gallon a week = 12 bottles).
The next phase will be to start producing my own beer, but here is a dillemma...do I start with lager or bitter?
I'm kicking off with 5 gallons of the stuff, to drink whilst listening to the cricket in the garden over summer, so its important to get this right.

My brother made this once back in the 1970's and it made my old man so ill he was off work for days :puke

Bitter of course Mr Callan. Lager is wee-wee water.

Home-brewed lager is really nice, my brother has just made a batch. I'd go for some lager if you want it for summertime cricket watching

My brother made this once back in the 1970's and it made my old man so ill he was off work for days :puke

Bitter of course Mr Callan. Lager is wee-wee water.

That usually happens if you drink it before its ready

Have to go for the Bitter.

A friend of mine makes some really nice Home Brew, took him a while and a few terrible goes before he got it right though, persistance is the key!

Being long term unemployed I have a lot of time on my hands and am trying to use it wisely by making homebrew for self consumption .
The wine has got off to a cracking start with only problem being getting my supply and demand right (currently making two gallon a week = 12 bottles).
The next phase will be to start producing my own beer, but here is a dillemma...do I start with lager or bitter?
I'm kicking off with 5 gallons of the stuff, to drink whilst listening to the cricket in the garden over summer, so its important to get this right.

Personally i'd go for a nice ale rather than lager. That said, you can't beat a cold lager on a hot summer's day. But, what's the chances of us having a hot summer?

You never know, this could be the start of a whole new career for you. If you need someone in charge of quality control i'm ya man!

Lager, as everyone knows, was invented in the 70's by poofs and queers, who mixed p1ss with lemonade.

It's either bitter or Irn Bru. Only include lager if you have gayers round for tea.

If you've got the time why not do both and see how they turn out? That way you can decide which you want to make again next time.

I remember my brother making some home brew Lager many years ago. When it was ready, everyone steamed in to try it. Boy was it potent, one of my friends downed half a pint in seconds and you could see him turn colour and start sweating profously virually immediately. One of my other mates lived 2 minutes away but after about 3 pints of this stuff, he went home. Apparently he didn't turn up till about 2 hours later and he had no idea where he had been.

If you've got the time why not do both and see how they turn out? That way you can decide which you want to make again next time.

Time isn't an issue, space for brewing however is...a five gallon bucket for beer takes up a fair amount of space.
Plus going into the summer I will be increasing my winemaking output by 3 gallon per week, and also there are plans to make cider.
The space I have to work in is limited, and I dont fancy having to keep moving 5 gallon buckets around.

Time isn't an issue, space for brewing however is...a five gallon bucket for beer takes up a fair amount of space.
Plus going into the summer I will be increasing my winemaking output by 3 gallon per week, and also there are plans to make cider.
The space I have to work in is limited, and I dont fancy having to keep moving 5 gallon buckets around.

Moving Ale around isn't a good idea anyway, lager probably doesn't matter because its crap anyway!!

Back