• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AndyT

Lord of the Reedy River
I was thinking how good our home form has been in League One, in general, so I totted it up and in the league, since we got promoted, we've played 56 games and only lost 13.

8 in 2015-16
5 in 2016-17

Can you name them and the score?

Clue : They are 13 different sides (no side has beaten us twice)

starting last term

Gillingham. Fleetwood, Sheffield U, Bolton, MK.

15/16 Walsall, Swindon , Millwall, Doncaster, Chesterfield, Oldham, Bradford and missing one other mmmmmm

Yep, spot on.

The last one is a tough one, I think.

Need the scores, as well.

Not sure of all the scores 15/16 but I seem to remember Gillingham last year 1-3 as the only time we have lost at home after being a goal up for a long time.

I had 11 initially:

Walsall 0-2, Sheff Utd 2-4, Bolton 0-1, MK Dons 1-2, Chesterfield 0-1, Oldham 0-1, Fleetwood 0-2, Millwall 0-4, Doncaster 0-3, Gillingham 1-3, Bradford 0-1

rigsby gave me Swindon so that's 12. Not sure of the score, though - 0-1?

Dammit, I thought of Shrewsbury but could only remember the 1-1 draw last season. Can't remember the scoreline from the season before.

Along similar lines, when were we last this deep in to the season and unbeaten at home? Must have been quite a while.

(I don't know, I'm asking!)

Last edited:
Along similar lines, when were last this deep in to the season and unbeaten at home? Must have been quite a while.

Either 1990/1 or as far back as 1980/1 again I have not looked just guessing.

'Kris' has all the scores correct (Swindon was 0-1) and 'Lord Football' has the missing match. Just need the score from that one?

Also, there's only been two goalless draws at home, since promotion.

Can you name them?

Along similar lines, when were last this deep in to the season and unbeaten at home? Must have been quite a while.

Good question, that.

Has to be a promotion season, I would guess.

Remember that game.

I think Huddersfield were near the bottom, as well.

I know we beat them up there on the opening day with a goal from Brett Angle!! :smile: .. Loved that commentator on the club video.

"Oh dear, oh dear and Southend have taken the lead!" .. In a thick Yorkshire accent.

Remember that game.

I think Huddersfield were near the bottom, as well.

I know we beat them up there on the opening day with a goal from Brett Angle!! :smile: .. Loved that commentator on the club video.

"Oh dear, oh dear and Southend have taken the lead!" .. In a thick Yorkshire accent.

It was John Adams commentating.

Not at Huddersfield away it wasn't.

It was a local commentator employed by Huddersfield Town. Very entertaining. You could almost imagine him holding his head in his hands as Andy Edwards scored and shaking his head in disgust "oh dear, oh dear"! :smile:

'Kris' has all the scores correct (Swindon was 0-1) and 'Lord Football' has the missing match. Just need the score from that one?

Also, there's only been two goalless draws at home, since promotion.

Can you name them?

Rochdale this season?

It was John Adams commentating.

Not at Huddersfield away it wasn't.

It was a local commentator employed by Huddersfield Town. Very entertaining. You could almost imagine him holding his head in his hands as Andy Edwards scored and shaking his head in disgust "oh dear, oh dear"! :smile:

It's this fella 'Lordster' :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wLarLRv9y4

I'm sure he was the one that got everyone calling Brett Angell, Brett Angle! :smile:

Yep, that's the one.

I make it that over 56 matches, we've only had 12 where we have failed to score at home.

In 2015/16, there were 9. 2016/17 there were only 2 and 2017/18 just 1 so far.

We lost 8 games at home in 2015/16 and didn't score in any of them.

In 2016/17 we scored in 3 of the 5 games we lost.

In short, since we lost 0-1 at home to Bradford City in April 2016, there's only been 3 matches where we haven't scored at home in 33 starts. One of those, we missed a penalty.

Not sure what that all means, frankly, but it does suggest we don't have a problem scoring goals at home.

Back