• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Silencer

Director
Not sure what Sturrock's home form was like at previous clubs but it has been pretty poor since he joined our beloved shrimpers.

Do you think the way he sets his sides up is better for away matches and on the counter attack?

Six home league wins this season is relegation form and you have to go back to a week before Christmas to find the last time we scored more than a single goal in a home league match.

Just worrying now ahead of Wednesday - can we nick that draw we need?

The home form is undeniably very poor and is of a great concern really and results would certainly indicate he organizes the team better away although I do feel we have been unlucky to have lost both these home game's.
Very worrying but the O's did loose today to two late Hartlepool goal's so I will hope and pray lady luck go's our way on Wednesday and will prepare physically to be loud and proud and a little mentally for more dissapointment.

And we wonder why our attendances are dropping? People want to see goals and action, clearly the hall is not the place for that! For both home and away teams!

I think if you look at his Plymouth and Swindon days the home form wasn't electric there either. He seems to know how to get teams set up nicely away from home but not how in general to be positive at home (though this season to be fair has been better than last!)

Not sure this season has been better than last? How did you come to that conclusion? There were some good home performances last season, especially one Freddy came back. Cheltenham, Barnet spring to mind. This season probably only Chesterfield where we've really put a team to the sword. Dont think the pitch has helped, its in awful condition and we are such slow starters too.

Not sure this season has been better than last? How did you come to that conclusion? There were some good home performances last season, especially one Freddy came back. Cheltenham, Barnet spring to mind. This season probably only Chesterfield where we've really put a team to the sword. Dont think the pitch has helped, its in awful condition and we are such slow starters too.

Well for a start we have actually played a bit more 'football' this season. Other than Aldersh*t and the York games at home we've tried to play the game. Not always with the results that our endeavours have deserved but last season we lost some games where we NEVER even competed - Bradford, Rotherham, Aldershot, Burton etc. That's the kind of difference I'm alluding to this season. Yes other than Chesterfield we haven't gone for the jugular but we've had far more enterprise this season. TBH we've been a tad unlucky in the last two games what with the makeshift sides we've put out, some rather indifferent officiating and a crap pitch.

Imo He works well with the squad he has.A small budget and injury's are not his fault.He is a quality manager that came into a club in disarray lets not forget that.:thumbsup:

for me we have 3 tue/sat home back to back games which we havent won one, dismal record. For a team aiming to go up the first 2 ones should be 6 points looking at opposition.

Tue Burton lost 0-1
Sat Barnet drew 2-2

Tue Aldershot lost 2-1
Sat York drew 0-0

Tue Cheltenham lost 2-1
Sat Northampton lost 2-1

for me we have 3 tue/sat home back to back games which we havent won one, dismal record. For a team aiming to go up the first 2 ones should be 6 points looking at opposition.

Tue Burton lost 0-1
Sat Barnet drew 2-2

Tue Aldershot lost 2-1
Sat York drew 0-0

Tue Cheltenham lost 2-1
Sat Northampton lost 2-1
agreed but why did we lose

Back