• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Home kit 2023/24 - New Shirts Revealed

As I said, we signed a 3 year deal with Macron, and we are one year into it. So I can only assume our kit for next season will be with Macron.

Be interesting to see what our new owners would like to do. As far as I’m aware, RM hasn’t approved a design for next year. I’ve no idea what the lead time is for a kit. I’ve ordered one when I was in charge of my Sunday league side but that was through ProDirect Soccer, a mixture of medium, large and extra large. I’ve no idea what the time scale is for a professional club, with replicas too. Maybe best to ask @Ayrshire Blue
This is correct. The kits will Macron. To my understanding, The kits have been signed off all 3 of them. All 3 will be 'bespoke' kits. Not templates.

However, Macron do have some cracking templates this season.

We have to wait and see

As I said, we signed a 3 year deal with Macron, and we are one year into it. So I can only assume our kit for next season will be with Macron.

Be interesting to see what our new owners would like to do. As far as I’m aware, RM hasn’t approved a design for next year. I’ve no idea what the lead time is for a kit. I’ve ordered one when I was in charge of my Sunday league side but that was through ProDirect Soccer, a mixture of medium, large and extra large. I’ve no idea what the time scale is for a professional club, with replicas too. Maybe best to ask @Ayrshire Blue
Talks would usually take place around the turn of the calendar year for next season's kit with designs signed off on around the end of Feb. We were deep in talks with a Scottish Championship side this year following this format.

Well you never know, the contract might get torn up like what happened with Hummel!

Are we not 2 years into it? We have had macron kits for the last 2 years, meaning only 1 season left (hopefully!).

All kit suppliers that do bespoke kits. Work off a selection of templates / base. You pick a base and go off from there.

They all do, Nike, Adidas, Puma and even hummel

In all honesty I'm surprised we even get the option of a bespoke kit at this level.

We sell at best 5,000 shirts, that's a maximum income on shirt sales of £200k. Take out the spend on actually designing, making, shipping selling etc I'd be surprised if Macron are making more than one person's full time pay out of Southend shirts

One of our strangest kits. 1964/65 Season.
C4zljoBWQAAreS2
That is my favourite kit, The replica made by the company that makes the replicas (sorry - can't remember the name) isn't quite on the money as the stripes are a very light blue and not white.

I think the keeper is Ian McKechnie, isn't it?

Ah, gotcha. I want to teach myself how to make them in Photoshop for Football Manager. I can use templates, but I'd like to recreate some of our older shirts and there aren't templates for them, so they need making from scratch.

Good.

Only decent kits we’ve had in the last decade was the Hummel ones & that was **** all to do with him.

Ah, gotcha. I want to teach myself how to make them in Photoshop for Football Manager. I can use templates, but I'd like to recreate some of our older shirts and there aren't templates for them, so they need making from scratch.
You can make custom textures for use on that website. I also have Photoshop and I intend to attempt recreating some authentic shirts for FIFA when I'm better at using it.

Back