• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

That salary is for a 40 hour week and the job is 16 hours at weekend. So is 60 quid a day, for cleaning rooms, bedding, toilets etc . Not great riches is it?
Can you please try harder to get some facts correct, there may be some people who read your gobbledygook gook and think you have a clue but time and again it is wind and bull.

No no you are wrong!

The position clearly states 16 hours weekly !

Ever heard of the saying "charity begins at home" !

We have all been delighted with your sponsored sofa occupation every Saturday afternoon. Keep up this very noble cause :winking:

Again, more sniping. So much easier than just helping.

So okay, I'll raise you even further. You and I Mrs Blue. New Year. Let's both give up a day and offer our help to whichever homeless charity you care to propose. No fees. No costs. We'll just register our names, offer our help and explore the opportunity from there.

I'm in. You in?

Helping those not as well off as others is a very humbling thing to do,bravo on the offer even if it comes to nothing.

No no you are wrong!

i can not decide if you are not intelligent or just being dumb.
The pay scale is pro rota, so only at the equivlent rate, £60 a day it is.
Please try and keep up or your views, opinions and knowledge may be further bollox.

i can not decide if you are not intelligent or just being dumb.
The pay scale is pro rota, so only at the equivlent rate, £60 a day it is.
Please try and keep up or your views, opinions and knowledge may be further bollox.

Wrong yet again !

The position is "hostel weekend worker" the clue is in the job title...it clearly states 16 hours per week working Sat and Sun.

Tell me what don't you understand from the above ?...I can help you,don't you know:winking:

No no you are wrong!

The salary given is followed by "pro rata" which often means that is the full annual salary for a post within that salary scale. The 16 hours a week , in this case, would tend to indicate that the salary is then 16/40th or 16/35ths of 15k .
This may explain the differences in interpretation

The salary given is followed by "pro rata" which often means that is the full annual salary for a post within that salary scale. The 16 hours a week , in this case, would tend to indicate that the salary is then 16/40th or 16/35ths of 15k .
This may explain the differences in interpretation

Hmmm,

So Sat and Sun has no enhanced pay ?

Person applies thinking its 150 per day,yet it's less than half,if that is the case then I'm wrong.

Wrong yet again !

The position is "hostel weekend worker" the clue is in the job title...it clearly states 16 hours per week working Sat and Sun.

Tell me what don't you understand from the above ?...I can help you,don't you know:winking:
But the salary stated is not for the job, it is the annual salary for the pay scale. Hence the need for the words pro rata.

But the salary stated is not for the job, it is the annual salary for the pay scale. Hence the need for the words pro rata.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I was wrong boo hoo,Massimo please forgive me.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I was wrong boo hoo,Massimo please forgive me.

Do all threads have to go to 3 pages of you bickering before you admit you're wrong?

Save us all a job if you just stop being wilfully ignorant at every opportunity.

Back on topic=======================================

The rules on Homelessness are varied depending on individual circumstances, Shelter have lots of useful stuff on their webpage.
Locally (to Southend) the situation is much better managed than most areas with the Night Shelter, YMCA, womans refuge, and other niche housing projects & DSS B&Bs: BUT the downside of that is that it makes the area a "magnet" for more rough sleepers who get drawn to the area in the hope of help/food/services etc.

HARP provide many many safe, supervised beds, wash facilities (personal and clothing), food, access to GP and dentist, advice re DSS, jobs, benefits, housing law, mental health, clothing, starter packs for new to bedsit living, even basic literacy. They help with counselling, mediation, medication, dependencies and more. Clients can, when trusted, help in running the kitchens and get basic NVQ in food hygiene etc. Staff walk the streets at night trying to help rough sleepers.

If you haven't guessed yet then I declare that I am "sold" on HARP and it's staff/work.

Check them out before pitching in on either side of the homeless agendas.

Anybody seen the "Crisis" advert.

The actors are truly terrible.

Black woman with fear etched on her face as though Freddy Kruger is about to pounce.
Old geezer look's proper mad.

And the nutty charity wants 22 quid.

I'm spending Christmas volunteering for them and for you to claim what you do I find disturbing.
I would suggest psychiatric help before it's too late (although I fear it is too late)

Back