• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I've had to evict a few people and make them homeless. Still it's always been their own fault.

Anybody seen the "Crisis" advert.

The actors are truly terrible.

Black woman with fear etched on her face as though Freddy Kruger is about to pounce.
Old geezer look's proper mad.

And the nutty charity wants 22 quid.

I worked for HARP for a time. GREAT GREAT charity and doing top work.
BUT the councils ought to be doing more, the NHS ought to be doing more, AND there are some really tragic persons homeless through no fault of their own making.
As with many things in this country the idea of treating all people equally has been allowed to take precedent over the need to treat people as to their individual circumstances, needs and risks.

I worked for HARP for a time. GREAT GREAT charity and doing top work.
BUT the councils ought to be doing more, the NHS ought to be doing more, AND there are some really tragic persons homeless through no fault of their own making.
As with many things in this country the idea of treating all people equally has been allowed to take precedent over the need to treat people as to their individual circumstances, needs and risks.

Charities IMO are job clubs for the boys.

Save The Children has 14,000 employees with many being paid very nice salaries,they also have very swanky offices in trendy London where the lease is only 6 million smackers per year...it's all for charity though.

Charities IMO are job clubs for the boys.

Save The Children has 14,000 employees with many being paid very nice salaries,they also have very swanky offices in trendy London where the lease is only 6 million smackers per year...it's all for charity though.

Some maybe, but not HARP. Swanky York Road? Check the jobs with them and it isn't much more than minimum wage for stressful, taxing and sometimes scary 1-1s with persons who have real issues.
You mate, MrsBlue don't have a clue do you?..............unless you read it in a tabloid under a big picture.

Some maybe, but not HARP. Swanky York Road? Check the jobs with them and it isn't much more than minimum wage for stressful, taxing and sometimes scary 1-1s with persons who have real issues.
You mate, MrsBlue don't have a clue do you?..............unless you read it in a tabloid under a big picture.

Can never understand why charities pay some of their staff ridiculous wages,in some cases 250k per year for virtually doing a day every week,look at Miliband on 400k with very generous expenses and pension.

Why must they have an expensive postcode?

Never heard of HARP so cannot comment on their practises.

Can never understand why charities pay some of their staff ridiculous wages,in some cases 250k per year for virtually doing a day every week,look at Miliband on 400k with very generous expenses and pension.

Why must they have an expensive postcode?

The last thing they want to do is work any wear near the people they are trying to house

HARP require a part time hostel worker working 9 till 5 every Saturday and Sunday...salary £15,000 or around £150 per day.

Not too shabby.

£150 per day part time isn't "much more than the minimum wage"......another position pays £8.54 An hour which is well above the minimum.

Perhaps Massimo mate,you don't have a clue.

You've not been attending Southend matches either but that hasn't stopped you being an expert?

Either way, glad to hear you're learning...

HARP require a part time hostel worker working 9 till 5 every Saturday and Sunday...salary £15,000 or around £150 per day.

Not too shabby.

Ooops!

Like our football team, it's so much easier to snipe from the sides than actually offer support. Whatever they may be offering that hostel worker, it's one more job, one less person on benefits (less drain), and more tax in the bank for us (more gain), plus a step in the right direction for helping those that need it.

Great excuse to avoid giving if you just see every charity as a wolf in sheep's clothing right?

Happy Christmas.

You've not been attending Southend matches either but that hasn't stopped you being an expert?

Ooops!

Like our football team, it's so much easier to snipe from the sides than actually offer support. Great excuse to avoid giving if you just see every charity as a wolf in sheep's clothing right?

I raise you,

Crisis require an "outreach coach"(whatever that is)salary 35,000 for 35 hours pw plus generous other benefits...£20 per hour ain't too rough.

I raise you,

Crisis require an "outreach coach"(whatever that is)salary 35,000 for 35 hours pw plus generous other benefits...£20 per hour ain't too rough.

Again, more sniping. So much easier than just helping.

So okay, I'll raise you even further. You and I Mrs Blue. New Year. Let's both give up a day and offer our help to whichever homeless charity you care to propose. No fees. No costs. We'll just register our names, offer our help and explore the opportunity from there.

I'm in. You in?

Ooops!

Like our football team, it's so much easier to snipe from the sides than actually offer support. Whatever they may be offering that hostel worker, it's one more job, one less person on benefits (less drain), and more tax in the bank for us (more gain), plus a step in the right direction for helping those that need it.

Great excuse to avoid giving if you just see every charity as a wolf in sheep's clothing right?

Happy Christmas.

Ever heard of the saying "charity begins at home" !

Okay, I'll raise you even further. You and I Mrs Blue. New Year. Let's both give up a day and offer our help to whichever homeless charity you care to propose. No fees. No costs. We'll just register our names and offer our help.

I'm in. You in?

You crack on chap .

After all you revealed recently you are charity minded which if that is your thing,then good for you,it however is not my thing.

You crack on chap .

After all you revealed recently you are charity minded which if that is your thing,then good for you,it however is not my thing.
What are you talking about? I wouldn't even begin to think it's my thing either. One day Mrs B you might be glad of a little help from someone else.

Ever heard of the saying "charity begins at home" !

I've heard of it, yes. Ever heard of Karma?

Not too shabby.
That salary is for a 40 hour week and the job is 16 hours at weekend. So is 60 quid a day, for cleaning rooms, bedding, toilets etc . Not great riches is it?
Can you please try harder to get some facts correct, there may be some people who read your gobbledygook gook and think you have a clue but time and again it is wind and bull.

Back