• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
After selling my Fiesta TDCI Zetec S and buying a Focus Titanuim TDI, I have become bored very quickly so I have started looking at other cars.

The Mk8 Honds Civic, 2006 onwards, has caught my eye. Lots of tech for the money, very nice V-Tec engine and a different look about it.

The 1.8 petrol seems to do about the same MPG as my Focus and it is also fairly nippy with a sportier suspension than the Focus.

Does anyone own or has owned the Mk8 who could give their thought, positive and negative on it please? Rear legroom, headroom, cost of parts compared to other makes, etc the usual queries

Thanks

After selling my Fiesta TDCI Zetec S and buying a Focus Titanuim TDI, I have become bored very quickly so I have started looking at other cars.

The Mk8 Honds Civic, 2006 onwards, has caught my eye. Lots of tech for the money, very nice V-Tec engine and a different look about it.

The 1.8 petrol seems to do about the same MPG as my Focus and it is also fairly nippy with a sportier suspension than the Focus.

Does anyone own or has owned the Mk8 who could give their thought, positive and negative on it please? Rear legroom, headroom, cost of parts compared to other makes, etc the usual queries

Thanks

I've driven a succession of Honda Jazzes so I can't offer first hand info on the Civic but this site may help. I can say that I've stayed with Honda as mechanically they are seriously reliable machines.

http://www.hondacivicforum.co.uk/

Performance wise they are fine, but the battery runs down with all the electrics and can cause an issue.

A good friend of mine had one and we had to jump start it a few times, before the battery eventually had to be replaced with an upgraded model.

Otherwise, a decent motor, in truth.

Performance wise they are fine, but the battery runs down with all the electrics and can cause an issue.

A good friend of mine had one and we had to jump start it a few times, before the battery eventually had to be replaced with an upgraded model.

Otherwise, a decent motor, in truth.

Just a follow up from that forum others have mentioned. This is the problem they had, as well :-

http://www.hondacivicforum.co.uk/21-lounge/31369-flat-battery.html

In fairness, since the battery has been replaced and upgraded it's been fine.

Last edited:
A perfect motor if you're hoping to convince your neighbours that you are a Gibraltarian tobacco smuggler.

A perfect motor if you're hoping to convince your neighbours that you are a Gibraltarian tobacco smuggler.

Here in Essex a leased Range Rover is all you need to complete the wannabe gangster look.

There are a lot of people driving £80k motors with no visible means of support around here.

Man goes to the doctor and says "every time I fart it sounds like a Japanese car."
the doctor immediately replies "you've got an absess."
the man says "how do you know without examining me?"
Doctor replies " because absess makes the fart go Honda."

I'll get me coat.

Had a 2.2 Exec diesel 09 Civic for about 6 years. Dont know if that is a mk 8 one?

Would echo the comments about the battery (I have got through a couple in that time), but other than the odd bit of wear and tear things, I have done 100,000 miles in it and had nothing go wrong with it at all.

Does 45 to the gallon, 0-60 in about 8 seconds. My favourite car ever, and when it does fall apart in a couple of years time when it hits close to 200k, the latest Civic will be on the top of my list of replacements.

Back