• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Honda CR-Z

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
Does anyone currently own or has owbed in the past a Honda CR-Z the can give me their opinion on it please?

Just sold the MX5 and planning to sell the focus to get something less family orientated which has low tax and decent mpg that isn't diesel. The wife's car is big enough to be a family car now I have 3 options in mind

Fiesta Zetec S Ecoboost
Alfa Mito Twin Air
Honda CR-Z

Having had an Alfa and a Fiesta fiesta previously, either would be ok but I really have my heart set on the CR-Z as it has amazing looks and is a Hybrid. Just wanted thoughts on it really

It's a Honda so will look the nuts, most likely be fully loaded and highly unlikely to go wrong, BUT, be warned, hybrids are bloody expensive if they do go wrong so make sure you get it checked out by someone who knows hybrids before parting with your hard earned.

It's a Honda so will look the nuts, most likely be fully loaded and highly unlikely to go wrong, BUT, be warned, hybrids are bloody expensive if they do go wrong so make sure you get it checked out by someone who knows hybrids before parting with your hard earned.

Id be tempted to get one from a reputable dealer if I could. The electric motor in the CRZ seems to be different to most in that it aids the petrol engine rather than working independently. I'll do some more research but its a fine looking car, that's for sure

Nice looking car those CR-Z’s if I had the money I would’ve gone for one.

Cracking cars those! Couple of lads I worked with had them. Very quick, love a hot hatchback.
Me too, always had hot hatches BITD, progressed to people carriers when the kids arrived, now they’re teenagers I’m back in the hot hatch. Recently had my FST mapped to 240bhp, so now a fully fledged (old)boy racer. :Cool:

The ‘R’ is on the radar, but may have to wait a little as missus wants a new kitchen first. Damn!

Me too, always had hot hatches BITD, progressed to people carriers when the kids arrived, now they’re teenagers I’m back in the hot hatch. Recently had my FST mapped to 240bhp, so now a fully fledged (old)boy racer. :Cool:

The ‘R’ is on the radar, but may have to wait a little as missus wants a new kitchen first. Damn!

I’ve just bought a Mini Cooper S, the supercharged version. It’s great fun and I’m thinking of getting it mapped they run 170 standard but you can push them upto 230 with ease. It’s a future classic so don’t really want to do too much to it and it’s only got 50k on the clock.

I’ve just bought a Mini Cooper S, the supercharged version. It’s great fun and I’m thinking of getting it mapped they run 170 standard but you can push them upto 230 with ease. It’s a future classic so don’t really want to do too much to it and it’s only got 50k on the clock.
I did a lot of research before upgrading my Fiesta St. I went for a Stage 2 remap, and it is quick enough. If you’re going to go for 230bhp plus / stage 2 I would recommend upgrading the exhaust (Milltek non-res would be a good choice) and also a Sports Cat, plus bigger (70mm core) Intercooler + cold air intake / cross over pipe etc. then it’s more than safe running the bigger power.

Have been told that I could get 320bhp plus with a stage 4 and with hybrid turbo, but it’s still a 1.6 like the Cooper it can’t be good long term.

Give me a shout if you need any advise.

Wot he said @davewebbsbrain . May be worth checking out Glyn Hopkins. As they are a main Honda dealer, new and used, they may help your search.

Talking of cars, I'm upgrading in Jan.

A4 avant or 3 series touring?

Audi all the way.
my current feeling as well. My dad used to have an A6 so got experience of driving one/being a passenger and they're really nice. Maybe not as 'fun' as the BMW but not necessarily a bad thing as I already drive too fast and am mainly doing trips with the kids/to IKEA etc.

my current feeling as well. My dad used to have an A6 so got experience of driving one/being a passenger and they're really nice. Maybe not as 'fun' as the BMW but not necessarily a bad thing as I already drive too fast and am mainly doing trips with the kids/to IKEA etc.

Oh you can still have fun in a Audi.

Just leave the kids at home ?

Back