• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Honest Football

Vange Shrimper

Mrs Rock God
Why is it, we play honestly as in we never dive and con the ref into making a booking/sending off, but other teams such as Tranny and Yeovil don't, like Bas Savage yesterday?

It really does annoy me when I watch football and I personally think something should be done to clamp out cheating in football. What about all this booking for simulation that's meant to be in force? If it was in force yesterday, which it obviously wasn't, then Mr Savage should have been sent off at least 4 times. Even Dorian Dervitte acted out to the ref to book Savage due to his constant falling over.

Sorry, but it does get on my wick when I see this, and obviously some players in this game aren't going to change their habit of a lifetime. Just wish something should be done about it.

I agree with Hils, we're being taken advantage of in a big way because we don't do this as regularly as some other teams do. To be fair though, I have seen some of our players do it at away games, so maybe that's the thing - it's more of an away side tactic? We do look naive though as a result sometimes.

If you don't believe we 'dive' you need to watch Grant, Macca and Peter Clarke more closely...

If you don't believe we 'dive' you need to watch Macca and Peter Clarke more closely...

I'll pay more attention to that side of it then on Saturday. Probably not the best game to watch cheating though! lol

If i'm proved wrong, then i'll change my post. Yesterday though, I didnt see much cheating on our part, but then it might have been overshadowed by that twonk called Savage!

In fairness I thought yesterday Tranny couldve had at least one more penalty. Every team has its villains, its cheats, its the influence of the Premier LEague, which has trickled down slowly to the other divisions.

Depends which way you look at it, maybe we dive just as much as other teams but we are actually better at it so it looks less obvious.

If it's a choice between playing in a manner we can be proud of, or picking up a few extra points here and there, I'll take the former every time. Players like Duguid and Thornton only undermine any respect that victory might otherwise bring you, anyway.

One thing I do notice though is the silly things like not trying to creap up the touch line on throw ins, not stealing yards on free kicks and also when knocking the ball back after someone has been injured he always play it back to the keeper but other teams put it out for throw ins near the corner flags.

Its silly things like that that could pick you up an extra point or two along the season.

Totally agree. We do it less than other teams but Moussa got a freekick out of what was a foul but Moussa did do a poor dive

Why is it, we play honestly as in we never dive and con the ref into making a booking/sending off, but other teams such as Tranny and Yeovil don't, like Bas Savage yesterday?

It really does annoy me when I watch football and I personally think something should be done to clamp out cheating in football. What about all this booking for simulation that's meant to be in force? If it was in force yesterday, which it obviously wasn't, then Mr Savage should have been sent off at least 4 times. Even Dorian Dervitte acted out to the ref to book Savage due to his constant falling over.

Sorry, but it does get on my wick when I see this, and obviously some players in this game aren't going to change their habit of a lifetime. Just wish something should be done about it.

Exactly my thoughts when I saw McCormack jump 6 foot in the air.

Exactly my thoughts when I saw McCormack jump 6 foot in the air.

dont_speak_by_pizzadreams.jpg

Back