• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are you being entertained?

• Total voters

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
I know a win is a win, but are people actually enjoying going to watch this? I don't expect us to play like brazil, but are the players we've got really THAT technically incapable? I'm not complaining about our league position, but does it neccesarily have to go hand in hand with crap performances? For me, Sturrock has worked a small miracle, but **** me it's a tedious one.

So, simply, are you being entertained?

More so than in the season we got relegated under Tilson when the standard of football was better. Be careful what you wish for.

Watching the blues play this season is a bit like eating a "Prawn Curry". You sit down salivating at the thought of It but then find it empty of any real substance which leaves you deflated and void of any real meagre offerings.

More so than in the season we got relegated under Tilson when the standard of football was better. Be careful what you wish for.
This is key for me though, we did play some lovely football under Tilson but it didn't always get results. I would far rather that we got the results than played the beautiful passing game some seem to want.

You are all hilarious!

We are top!

We have added another win to the tally!

Maybe we should start playing wonderfully crafted football and get smashed off the park every week because that's what would happen!

It's league 2 chaps! The players smash the **** out of eachother!

You've got to be physical! And again we had more possession than the opposition!

Good squad, excellent manager, good tactics that get you promoted and win football matches in the lower league!

The negativity is hilarious!

Sometimes I am told to open my eyes but infact it is some of you that must! If you don't like it go and watch sky and watch real madrid and barca and man city!

Have you forgotten we are Southend United! We are a league 2 team! Usually entertainment is at a very very very low level! Some of you have been going 4 times the amount of years I have! ;) But you still forget we are a lower league team!

Save the ****ing pretty football for MOTD after we've battled another team off the park and adding to our points tally ready for promotion! Thats when I kick back and watch footballing wizards of the world! Who are on millions of pounds!

How many wonderful footballing players have we actually had in our history!?

Do you suddenly expect to sign unbelievable football players!?

How can you still moan?

Honestly confused!

Top of the league, get in there!
Up the blues!

Has the football ever been particularly enjoyable in League 2? I remember watching a lot of absolute garbage in the late 90s/early 00s. It was pretty bad until Eastwood turned up and changed things. The general standard now is much higher than it was. I don't think this league is particularly conducive to sexy football. Swindon are playing some nice stuff, but they aren't above us in the league, and that's what matters.

claim people are 'easily pleased' all you like, we've had some good games this season, in a great position and have some interesting characters at the club. I dont honestly see the here and now as any less entertaining when compared to the spell before Tilson, for example.

Rather we play this way and succeed than play irresistably and not succeed. Look at Arsenal who over pass it , try and walk the ball into the net. Yes they play beautifully at times but no trophies now for 7 years. ( they've just been dumped in the FA Cup by Sunderaland).

Back