• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Slipperduke

The Camden Cad
It should be really simple. All I want to do is to find a honeymoon. I'm actually a very easy-going person. I am a very nice person. I don't want much. I want sun. I want luxury. I want all-inclusive.

I don't give a **** where I go. Anywhere hot.

I don't give a **** when I go. Any time after mid-January.

I don't give a **** what I see when I'm there as long as it's holding a drink and walking towards me saying, "Here's your drink Mr Macintosh."

So why is it so hard to get any of these ****ing travel agent websites to do anything other than build me up into a frothing rage leaving me in no state for anything other than kicking kittens or setting fire to orphanages?

Why can't I just type in my requirements and then be given options instead of being told to pick something specific and then being told that there are no flights to Cancun on Jan 16, would I like to choose again? Sorry, there are no flights to Cancun on Jan 17, would I like to choose again? My laptop never had a third chance to choose because, in a fit of rage, I ate it.

Please, juust tell me what I can get for my money, you empty-headed, knuckle-dragging, perma-tanned, perma-grinning Thompson, Thomas Cook, Virgin, Expedia, Last Minute website-running cyber-*******s.

I booked my honeymoon through Expedia, 5 destinations, 5 flights, shows, excursions and car hire all in one place, it was dead easy.

HOWEVER, we already knew exactly where we wanted to go and of the five locations, we knew what hotel we wanted to stay in for three of them.

After spending ages on the web we decided we wanted a week in Sri lanka and a week in the madives. We went to aquarian travel in Leigh where they found us an excellent deal and did all the leg work. Loads of suggestions sent through in emails, fully priced up. Trailfinders are also pretty good

I can't help on this, but i had to post to congratulate Slip on giving me my biggest laugh of the day

Sorry Slip, but that is comedy gold (i'm laughing with you, not at you HONESTLY ;))

I booked my honeymoon through Expedia, 5 destinations, 5 flights, shows, excursions and car hire all in one place, it was dead easy.

HOWEVER, we already knew exactly where we wanted to go and of the five locations, we knew what hotel we wanted to stay in for three of them.

And look where it got you...

Divorced! (sorry B)

I found trailfinders pretty good as well. Kuoni are supposed to be good, but a bit pricey. Other option is to look on TripAdvisor, suss out a hotel, and then book that and the flights yourself. We did that for our recent trip to Goa, and saved about £800 on a brochure price.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of using any of those all in one travel websites. This year we just booked our own flights, hotel etc. direct with the individual companies, rather than a package deal. If you look around hard enough, you still find good deals*

*I got a bed free at a casualty ward in Barcelona this summer for all my hard work wheeling and dealing on the net :)

A third vote for Trailfinders. I've also used Travelbag who sorted all my flights to Oz a few years back, very good.

PS. I can arrange a nice caravan on Canvey mid Jan. Can't guarantee the sun, but I am sure Jeff King will be pleased to entertain you.

Travel Republic damn good for finding hotels, and small deposits too.

This year we just booked our own flights, hotel etc. direct with the individual companies, rather than a package deal

Of course the downside is that Ant is off to Madrid, Seamus is going to Prague, Paddy to Berlin and the token English lad Dave is off to South Africa ;)

Funnily enough, we've gone in a completely different direction and gone to New York. Got a hotel just off Central Park, so should be fantastic.

We'll get the sun in the summer. I might be calm enough to speak to a travel agent by then.

Funnily enough, we've gone in a completely different direction and gone to New York. Got a hotel just off Central Park, so should be fantastic.

We'll get the sun in the summer. I might be calm enough to speak to a travel agent by then.

If you are there in the summer get the train/drive to Montauk (which is the down market end of the Hamptons) on the southern tip of Long Island.

Great beaches and loads of decent cheapish places to eat/drink/sleep - a real party place.

Top 5 Tips

Get the 7 dollar travelcard thing and ride the subway and the bus anywhere in the City.

Go out for breakfast – loads of food cheap

Go to the south East of the City and get a helicopter tour

You can get a bus across the Brooklyn Bridge, all through Brooklyn to Staten island, and get the Ferry back – Free of charge – good views of Manhattan and the Statue of Liberty

Avoid stopping and talking to the black guy who is going to be Americas next big rapping star if only you would buy his CD for 10 dollars.

Hopefully thats where me and my soon to be bride will be heading too....if I can convince her :D

Sandals could be your answer. I went to Sandals St Lucia for my honeymoon and it was perfect. They have Two on the island and we stayed at the smaller, quieter , more romantic one. They are all inclusive,full of lush green lawns, palm trees and exotic flowers and brilliant smooth sandy beaches and clear turqoise sea and of course the Sunshine. Two or three great swimming pools with swim up bars for as many cocktails as you like. Each one usually has about 6 restaurants with an unbeatable breakfast buffet. Untold things to do, indoor sports and games (no puns please) and plenty of outdoor sports and sea sports. Eat and drink as much as you like, all inclusive. The only things they charge for are, or were, laundry and beauty treatments and spa for the other half, and day trips to a flattened volcano that stunk of sulpher and rotten eggs,don't bother. Thrown in for excitement you get a crazy bus ride up a mountain from the airport, with lots of crashed vehicles over the sides, these could really be the worst drivers in the world. Sandals is for couples only, so no kids noise or screaming parents. We also popped over to the busier one a couple of times and tried their amenities and restaurents for free.
We loved it so much that 10 years later I treated my wife to the Sandals Bahamian, Bahamas, and that was fantastic, larger, a much better country and worth every penny as well.
Shop around tho, as you can get these packages for up to 40% off, and do not book for the hurricane season. Now I'm skint and won't be able to go on such a holiday, but we are so glad we went when we had the chance. Priceless memories.

Back