• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hooked on 'The Hundred?'

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
Noticed it was on BBC2 this afternoon, thought I'd check on what I was missing. The answer, for me, is not a lot! IMHO, if you like 20 Blast without the subtlety and non-descript team names, its probably for you. If cricket has to do this in order to save itself, is it worth saving??? Of course, just a very personal opinion!?

This has been easily the weakest of the matches so far. Southern Braves looked a batter short and set a well below par total.
Tymal Mills has impressed though.

I'm finding it very easy to find other things to do, and I'm happy with that. not bothered about it at all. bunch of franchise crap, anyone who isn't in a big city or watching on TV is irrelevant to them. Franchises are not the future in this country and need to be stopped

That was a cracking game. Went down to the last ball which Northern Superchargers couldn’t hit for 6.

A couple of things I’m enjoying: the balance between teams is producing consistently close games; the decimalisation of it, to my surprise, works and is much more intuitive than overs; having fewer teams and one game at a time is allowing me to follow the narrative arc much better - usually Chris Benjamin’s cameo would have been lost amongst another 7 games on or around the same time.

When it was cancelled last year I was actually delighted and disappointed when it reared its head again this season.

It's a bit like a car crash now and you can't help looking. With Chris Benjamin on Friday and last night's game was s cracker and I'm kind of on board now.

If the money and entertainment value like that keeps the real game going then we have to embrace it.

What was with Ben Stokes bleach blonde hair and ginger beard though!

Noticed it was on BBC2 this afternoon, thought I'd check on what I was missing. The answer, for me, is not a lot! IMHO, if you like 20 Blast without the subtlety and non-descript team names, its probably for you. If cricket has to do this in order to save itself, is it worth saving??? Of course, just a very personal opinion!?

Cricket for morons, to quote a friend of mine. Although he said that about T20 when it started!

Good to watch Essex v Middlesex in the One Day cup, 50 over competition the other day and to see Cook and Westley play some classic crickets shots far removed from the travesty of the Hundred.

Still early days for me, but positives are seeing youngsters in the ground and enjoying themselves.
Spinners are back which surprised me, so good to see the art of spin not dead yet in the game

I love the hundred, I was at the 1st mans game at the oval and have tickets for the eliminator at the oval too. You look at the line ups and there are top quality players 1 to 11. A franchise tournament was needed to generate the kind of money needed to attract the top players and for us to have a top quality tournament like IPL or BBL. I was disappointed it wasn't a t20 tournament initially as I had a "if it aint broke" attitude to a new format and thought it was a bit gimmicky. If you take someone who doesn't know anything about cricket and they watch the hundred (my other half) it is simple to understand. If you follow Don Topley on twitter you'll see he is a big supporter and he speaks perfect sense IMO. All games at oval and lords are sold out now and the BBC games are bringing cricket to a wider audience. I don't think county cricket will suffer, cricket fans like me will still be interested and Chelmsford will still be sold out for every blast game. The hundred is bringing new blood into the game that can only be a good thing.

I love the hundred, I was at the 1st mans game at the oval and have tickets for the eliminator at the oval too. You look at the line ups and there are top quality players 1 to 11. A franchise tournament was needed to generate the kind of money needed to attract the top players and for us to have a top quality tournament like IPL or BBL. I was disappointed it wasn't a t20 tournament initially as I had a "if it aint broke" attitude to a new format and thought it was a bit gimmicky. If you take someone who doesn't know anything about cricket and they watch the hundred (my other half) it is simple to understand. If you follow Don Topley on twitter you'll see he is a big supporter and he speaks perfect sense IMO. All games at oval and lords are sold out now and the BBC games are bringing cricket to a wider audience. I don't think county cricket will suffer, cricket fans like me will still be interested and Chelmsford will still be sold out for every blast game. The hundred is bringing new blood into the game that can only be a good thing.
Don't see why we need to attract top players when our white ball teams are beating up the rest in spades anyway,it's the premiership of cricket money money money,no thanks.

Still early days for me, but positives are seeing youngsters in the ground and enjoying themselves.
Spinners are back which surprised me, so good to see the art of spin not dead yet in the game
Spinners have been back for a long time in the top t20 leagues. In the draft for the hundred the 1st players picked were spinners, the very 1st pick on the draft was Rashid Khan. Top class spinners are the 1st thought when building these teams it seems.

Don't see why we need to attract top players when our white ball teams are beating up the rest in spades anyway,it's the premiership of cricket money money money,no thanks.
Fair enough, it's your decision. Think you will miss some top entertainment though

Enjoyed last night's game as well with one exception, Kevin Pietersen on commentary

Looking forward to Hales v Morgan tonight, although Hales nearly went second ball (a bump ball) and sixth ball (c&b chance dropped by Amir).

I know it's a low score but think it'll be close, doesn't look a good batting surface
Was surprisingly close. The Hundred has done a great job of pitching closely matched sides producing tight finishes. When Cullen took 10 off 2 I really thought they were going to do it. In the end the final 5 deliveries of the Rockets' innings when Short hit 18 was decisive.

Was surprisingly close. The Hundred has done a great job of pitching closely matched sides producing tight finishes. When Cullen took 10 off 2 I really thought they were going to do it. In the end the final 5 deliveries of the Rockets' innings when Short hit 18 was decisive.
Yep totally agree. I said after 50 balls that 120 would be a good score, turns out I was rightScreenshot_20210729_224301.jpg I put my money where my mouth was too

Back