• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hooper wanted by 3 clubs

Boreham Shrimper

President
"And Cheltenham Town, Stockport and Scunthorpe United are now battling to secure his services."

All this has apparently pushed his price up £100k. Excellent news - see Echo

It looks as though Hereford will be unsuccessful as they can't afford to match the other offers.

You beat me to this, sounds good, shame for Hereford but great for us. £100k ? Bite their hands off!

I'd say Scunthorpe are the bigger club but he may make a bigger impact at Cheltenham or Stockport.

100k for Hooper
50k for Charlie Mac

Some good business going on there, we paid nothing for both those players.

According to the Echo, the extra interest has pushed his price "up £100k". This may be a typo, but it looks as though we could be getting his initial valuation + 100k which would be great business :)

I really think we need to put a sell on clause to any deal we do. Hooper has real talent and i'm sure if he settles at a club he'll score goals and fetch a decent price.

If chelts are interested, maybe we can use hoops as part exchange for Gillespie?...

I really think we need to put a sell on clause to any deal we do. Hooper has real talent and i'm sure if he settles at a club he'll score goals and fetch a decent price.

Agree with that, i dont know why but i can still see Hooper doing a Kightly.

Always thought he could of been a good player but somehow just not for us. :unsure:

Good Luck to him

£100,00 to jump through Hoops?

Hooper always looked as if he could do something but in my opinion never did in a Southend shirt and is certainly not a League one or Championship level player at the moment!

I honestly thought when he came back from Hereford and he played in the last game that we would see a player with confidence and something special but it really was same old same old with the greatest frustration being that he gave up on a through ball far too easily and rarely tackled back!

Worth £100,000? must be press talk as I can't see it!

PS any rumours out there as to Gower's replacement?? Have we lost Mulgrew for good and has Huckerby signed elsewhere?

If you have the answers........

Last edited:
The Echo are actually doing it a disservice as someone has bid more than £100,000. Although I don't know who before I'm asked.

Worth £100,000? must be press talk as I can't see it!

£100k sounds like a steal to me, for a 20 year old striker with 17 goals from 36 starts. If we could sign a player with that kind of record for such a tiny fee, we'd be delighted

but it really was same old same old with the greatest frustration being that he gave up on a through ball far too easily and rarely tackled back!

Really, really strange. At Hereford, he always put a proper shift in, and would run himself into the ground - never gave up on a ball, harried defenders when they had the ball. He was probably the most willing runner on the pitch towards the end of the season for us.

I'm hoping,given that we've had a bid accepted, that it still remains 'accepted', even if others have now bid more. Gary knows the football we play, and it suits his style brilliantly. If he signs for us, gets 25 goals next season, then who knows what clubs will come in for him.

Back