• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hooper

SUFC Fan

I would like to see, more of a chance given to the young lad. People are saying he has "Bags" of potential, and could be twice as good as Eastwood. In some instances, i have felt that it is better to have brought him on for Bradbury. Especially when we are looking to create chances at home a la Derby at Home.

Would like to see this Young Kid develop into a well rounded forward, with pace, skill and a super finish.

We all would and perhaps if we were in Col Ewe's position ie relative safety, perhaps we would see him getting more of a run in the side but in light of our present predicament it would perhaps be a tad risky.
He is very much in the Eastwood mould and I think Tilly prefers Harrold coming on in the later stages of a match as he offer something completely different for the opposition to think about.

Well from the chance he missed against Birmingham (header from about 6 yards) and the one at the end of Spurs Im not sure Id class him as having a super finish just yet.

I certainly wouldnt have him instead of Bradbury as we would lose the ability to win and hold up the ball.

If anything Hooper would have to play instead of Eastwood, but even as uninspiring Freddy has been I still havent seen anything in Hooper to want to see him start up front.

The kids definitely got potential and often makes things happen, but Spurs wasn't the first time he's come on and looked completely out of his depth.

Yeah, I think it's expected. It'll take time for him to develop and going from Tamworth to Tottenham is never goign to be an easy transition. If I remember right, he wasn't playing regularly at Grays so that's going to make it harder.

However, there have been games like Leeds away where you start to wonder how good he might be. Certainly seems keen to learn and develop unlike some recent figures.

Yep he certainly has potential, but when we are at the bottom of the table I dont think now is the time to start dropping experienced players to give him a chance.

For the time being we can use him as a sub as he has done well on occassion coming on late in the game.

Back