• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wally4pm

Old Timer
How is it that Hooperman couldn't hit the proverbial whilst at Roots Hall, yet I have just watched him bang in 2 goals for Celtic in their little derby match?

How is it that Hooperman couldn't hit the proverbial whilst at Roots Hall, yet I have just watched him bang in 2 goals for Celtic in their little derby match?
Been covered plenty of times on here, he just wasn't given the same chance here, he was always the support striker. Plus he went off to Scunny and developed, he's had a few years of solid first team football to get where he is now. He never got that here....one of Tilson's mistakes imo.

Swings and roundabouts, some players need to make that move. We didn't do to bad when a certain legend Sir Stanley Victor Collymore moved from palace to us and his time here setting him up for bigger and better things. Maybe the same is true with hoops, maybe if he stayed he wouldn't be the player he is?

Hooper is a certain type of player I reckon and from what I've seen of his goals at Scunthorpe and Celtic he 'gets played in' regularly and more often than not takes the chance. Not so sure we played 'his way' in the time he was with us and probably would never had made it had he stayed. Good luck to him!!

Before everyone gets carried away, can everyone just remember that he is playing in the equivalent of the Blue Square South with say Leicester and Norwich thrown in for good measure.

I think even I'd go up there and guarantee at least 5 goals a season... Playing from defence.

He was more motivated at the opportunities afforded to him at Scunny & now Celtic, given what was available to him whilst with us he has made the right moves forward IMHO and good luck to him....

Before everyone gets carried away, can everyone just remember that he is playing in the equivalent of the Blue Square South with say Leicester and Norwich thrown in for good measure.

I think even I'd go up there and guarantee at least 5 goals a season... Playing from defence.

True, but this thread is about him scoring two good goals against Rangers, who are at least championship standard, and you can only score against who you play.

Also, Vernon has 10 league goals .....

True, but this thread is about him scoring two good goals against Rangers, who are at least championship standard, and you can only score against who you play.

Says it all!!

To be fair to Hooper, he's handled the pressure of the Old Firm games nothing seems to faze him!

Add that to the fact at scunthorpe hooper was constantly scoring against championship opposition despite the fact the team was nowhere near one of the top in the league

Vernon seems to be playing a very different role at Aberdeen than he did here. He's been tasked with getting on the end of things in the box and scoring goals, whereas here he was playing with his back to goal a lot. They seem quite happy with him.

Back