• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hope he is better than his Dad

shrimpfan

Manager
I hope Fallon, if he is the new striker, is better that his Dad was when he played for Southend. Kevin Fallon played for us between July 1970 to June 1971 as a reserve stiker in the days of Billy Best and Bill Garner. Me and my mate Richard used to go and see him play for the reserve's and he was hopeless, offside all time. He used to walk around Southend in a Crombie overcoat, a polka-dot cravat and a trilby hat. He went on to better things in New Zealand and become their coach and was also at the World Cup. He is coach at Gisborne City, New Zealand.
blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpfan @ Jan. 09 2006,17:49)]He used to walk around Southend in a Crombie overcoat, a polka-dot cravat and a trilby hat.
A look I'd like to see a few of today's players adopt.

Did he wear spats as well?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpfan @ Jan. 09 2006,17:49)]I hope Fallon, if he is the new striker, is better that his Dad was when he played for Southend. Kevin Fallon played for us between July 1970 to June 1971 as a reserve stiker in the days of Billy Best and Bill Garner. Me and my mate Richard used to go and see him play for the reserve's and he was hopeless, offside all time. He used to walk around Southend in a Crombie overcoat, a polka-dot cravat and a trilby hat.  He went on to better things in New Zealand and become their coach and was also at the World Cup. He is coach at Gisborne City, New Zealand.    
blues.gif
Had to respond to this one...

Yes , in my opinion he WAS one of the worst players I saw , so much so that this name sticks in my mind even to this day.
Is Rory actually his Son???
sad.gif

In fairness to Kevin Fallon I remember him as a huge Centre Half who wasn't great but only played 3 or 4 games in the 1st team but found himself in competition with Alex Smith and the great (but sadly now late) Joe Jacques.Never saw him play up front.So Rory is his son?
I do feel old

dont suppose freddy eastwoods dad was the next diego maradonna, but fred didnt turn out too bad !

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Jan. 09 2006,21:33)]dont suppose freddy eastwoods dad was the next diego maradonna, but fred didnt turn out too bad !
no he is a pikey! lol. but then i suppose people have probably called maradona that in his time.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimpfan @ Jan. 09 2006,17:49)]I hope Fallon, if he is the new striker, is better that his Dad was when he played for Southend. Kevin Fallon played for us between July 1970 to June 1971 as a reserve stiker in the days of Billy Best and Bill Garner. Me and my mate Richard used to go and see him play for the reserve's and he was hopeless, offside all time. He used to walk around Southend in a Crombie overcoat, a polka-dot cravat and a trilby hat.  He went on to better things in New Zealand and become their coach and was also at the World Cup. He is coach at Gisborne City, New Zealand.    
blues.gif
No wonder you didn't rate him as a reserve striker; he was a very large and solid centre half (as correctly remembered by distantoldblue). He had his uses. He got David Chambers out of a lot of difficulty in a Scottish nightclub during a pre-season tour. I saw them play 3 matches in Scotland that season - probably 1970.

I do remember Kevin Fallon, and am sure he was a defender, but we had some shockers around 69 to 71 when we were struggling at the wrong end of division 4.

Back