• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hope Powell to the gills?

Would be very interesting, don't watch women's football much but the one game I did see was in the last women's world cup where we were winning and so she inexplicably took off a defender (might have been two, can't remember,) and replaced her with an inexperienced defender, we went on to lose. However obviously I can't judge a manager based on one game so good luck to her if it's true.​

Would be very interesting, don't watch women's football much but the one game I did see was in the last women's world cup where we were winning and so she inexplicably took off a defender (might have been two, can't remember,) and replaced her with an inexperienced defender, we went on to lose. However obviously I can't judge a manager based on one game so good luck to her if it's true.​

What you also don’t know is the reason. For example, away at Crewe we took off an experienced defender (and one that had just won player of the year) and replaced him with an inexperienced defender. The reason was a broken shoulder...

What you also don’t know is the reason. For example, away at Crewe we took off an experienced defender (and one that had just won player of the year) and replaced him with an inexperienced defender. The reason was a broken shoulder...
Just looked it up, one was indeed for injury but the other was for 'tactical reasons.'

Very brave decision if it's true. She'll have her work cut out to get any respect from players & fans alike, especially opposition ones.

Very brave decision if it's true. She'll have her work cut out to get any respect from players & fans alike, especially opposition ones.

I suspect like any manager she'll live and die by her results, but she'll start from a lesser position, and will probably be given less time to succeed, if that is at all possible given how fickle football fans are anyway.

I also suspect her biggest issue won't be gaining the respect of her own or even opposition fans, but gaining the respect of her own players.

Back