• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

About time we had a signing, welcome to the club Hopper!

Good news! SCP clearly rates him and believes he will improve and contribute to how our team will be set up next season. As such, he has my full support and best wishes. Welcome to Southend, Tom.

ah yes, he had a great time in Bangkok on the Leicester tour :smile:

ah yes, he had a great time in Bangkok on the Leicester tour :smile:

I’m sure I read somewhere that he had learned from that regrettable incident (which was when he was very young) and has kept his head down since. Let’s hope so. The last thing we want is to be saying we have two Cox up front next season.

Let’s hope he’s good at finding ‘space’ !

SpaceHopper ......

No ?

It’s been a long week ....

I can only think this signing is to replace Cox, I can't see both of them up front together as they are both on the short side, he has bags of pace which Robinson also has:thumbsup:

An established forward (over 100 league starts and more than 25 goals) with his best years ahead of him (25 or under).

Who was the last one of those we signed?

I can only think this signing is to replace Cox, I can't see both of them up front together as they are both on the short side, he has bags of pace which Robinson also has:thumbsup:

Lets pray not- Hopper is no Cox yet but a good signing
i can only assume that with the new pitch the ball will not be leaving the green stuff next year a la Brian Clough

Decent record at Scunthorpe and was good in Dr. Who, as well! :cool:

An established forward (over 100 league starts and more than 25 goals) with his best years ahead of him (25 or under).

Who was the last one of those we signed?

To answer my own question the last one I can find is a surprise - Liam Dickinson, who was a few months short of his 26th birthday. Because of injuries he was already descending rather than an ascending player, although he was a big part in us topping the league before we faded and eventually finished 4th.

The one before that appears to be Billy Paynter, who was just 22. Whilst that didn't work out for us his best season was aged 25 when he scored 26 goals for Swindon. Hopper will be 25 next season....

I suspect Hopper will have one prolific season in his career. As he's with us for his seasons aged 24, 25 and 26 I think there's a really good chance it's with us:thumbsup:

To answer my own question the last one I can find is a surprise - Liam Dickinson, who was a few months short of his 26th birthday. Because of injuries he was already descending rather than an ascending player, although he was a big part in us topping the league before we faded and eventually finished 4th.

The one before that appears to be Billy Paynter, who was just 22. Whilst that didn't work out for us his best season was aged 25 when he scored 26 goals for Swindon. Hopper will be 25 next season....

I suspect Hopper will have one prolific season in his career. As he's with us for his seasons aged 24, 25 and 26 I think there's a really good chance it's with us:thumbsup:

Loving the optimism:thumbsup:

Mr Hoppy!!

screenshot-400.jpg

Back