• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hopper Update

So its Humphrys and Goodship to start the season then. Could be a lot worse.

https://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/1...RThVsDbeiH69KJb1qTx_qPTYWph2LJqIxLYJZkGwdBjik

If anyone trys to tell me that we have a decent medical/fitness Team at our club, then i will have some of what you're drinking please.

The bad news just keeps coming.

They obviously never caused the original injury and there could be dozens of reasons why he has had a set back........Totally frustrating I agree, though not sure the finger should be pointed the back room boys.

They obviously never caused the original injury and there could be dozens of reasons why he has had a set back........Totally frustrating I agree, though not sure the finger should be pointed the back room boys.

It's not just about Hopper though is it? Lennon and Dru today, Cox a couple of weeks ago and the season hasn't even started.

Injuries contributed hugely to SCP getting fired, perhaps KB needs to insist on changes to protect his position better.

It's not just about Hopper though is it? Lennon and Dru today, Cox a couple of weeks ago and the season hasn't even started.

Injuries contributed hugely to SCP getting fired, perhaps KB needs to insist on changes to protect his position better.
Cox's pre season injuries were nothing to do with the club, he was getting himself in shape for the pre season prior to returning. I sort of understand your frustration, but the med team have got Kiernan up and functioning and none of us thought that would happen.

Didn't Cox turn up injured after a fitness break before pre season ?

The other two have been injured during a game.....Not some silly exercise in the gym

Did someone smash a mirror in the medical centre or something? This is getting ****ing ridiculous.

Disappointing as he is clearly a class player and I'm sure like many of us, I was looking forward to him coming back early autumn. Now I'm not sure when we'll see him, maybe not until the new year at the earliest. We need to keep Humphreys fit and hopefully Cox will be back in a couple of weeks,

Yep - it's all coincidences, players to blame and bad luck obviously - silly me.

I don't think anyone is blaming the players.

That said in the modern world plenty of fans seem to spew abuse at certain players for the crime of being injured......Hence people like Coker getting angry with fans on social media

A friend of mine needed cartilage repair after ACL. It basically means the surgeon was **** or they ****ed it up.

A friend of mine needed cartilage repair after ACL. It basically means the surgeon was **** or they ****ed it up.

Some times it is neither of those things. Two people could have the same op by the same surgeon on the same day. One recovers with no problems along the way the next person has a setback and and needs a further op......As happened to two brothers I know who both done their ACL (not on the same day).

Some times it is neither of those things. Two people could have the same op by the same surgeon on the same day. One recovers with no problems along the way the next person has a setback and and needs a further op......As happened to two brothers I know who both done their ACL (not on the same day).

Yep it is just another piece of bad luck - coincidence that.

Injuries are part and parcel of the game. They're happening on the pitch, if they were in training that woild raise questions. Worth mentioning that we've had seriois injuries which can take longer.

How many ACL's/MCL's have we seen torn?

Yep it is just another piece of bad luck - coincidence that.

I personally think its all down to witchcraft. I'm all for singling out a member of staff and dragging them up to the ducking stool and if anyone feels like grabbing a pitch fork and lantern they are welcome to join me.

So unless we sign some decent attacking players we will be completely reliant on Humphreys for goals for the first couple of months.

Hope so, but he's played at a much lower level that he'll be facing on the 3rd August.

Remember he started out at Bournemouth, had a bad injury and dropped to non league. He has had 2 very good seasons and if full of confidence. Remember a certain Mr.Eastwood ?

I saw a clip of Goodship finishing in training. He opened up his body a put a pearler in the top right corner. Ok, it's only training but I think he has what it takes

Back