• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Horrible Memories

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
1984-85 - Average league crowd 1,929 finishing 20th in Div 4 - the year after the Anton Johnson saga

1998-99 - First season back in the basement finishing 18th. You can tell how dire we were when a) Barry Conlon is top scorer b) Mark Beard gets player of the season.

barry conlon has found his shooting boots again this season though, got a few for darlington
infact i think after the 2nd game of this season, the top or joint top scorer in the champ was freddy, in L1 it was constantine and L2 it was conlon, spooky!

Tony Richards.

Harlow 1-0 Southend.  Although Gary Lineker has more cause than us to have horrible and humiliating memories of that place

Tony Richards.

Barry Silkman's performance at Leyton Orient in a 3-0 defeat ("Silkman didn't put a foot right" commented the Echo, which I felt was too kind).

Tony Richards.

Stewards at Aylesbury demanding my mate Roger had to stand or be ejected.  He was wheelchair bound.  We lost 1-0.

Tony Richards.

Alvin Martin.

Tony Richards.

Losing 1-0 at Scarborough in 2004, losing out on an FA Cup 4th round match with Chelsea.  Millions in debt, firmly stuck at 23rd in the table, well beaten by an average Conference team.  I genuinely thought we were on our way out of the Football League, possibly for good.

Has anyone mentioned Tony Richards yet (cue some anal retentive replying 'ooh, he did get 2 against Halifax' - well, Saddam bloody Hussain is apparently charismatic but that doesn't make him a good bloke)?

Just off the top of my head and not because of the result. Last season away at MK Dons. My God that place is a $hithole and I seriously don't think iv'e ever been that cold before in my life.....I spent 3 weeks in -25 degrees two years ago in Canada but that cr4phole of a place felt a whole lot colder.
I NEVER ever want to go back there again in my life.

The whole saga surrounding the sacking of Dave Smith.

The appointment of managerial tyros Peter Morris & Dick Bate.

Defeats in the cup at Harlow & Yeovil.

Anton Johnson.

Back