• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brian Who is a respected figure having managed over 1000 games.
He was assistant to PB with Hull getting promoted in 2007.
He was assistant to PB at Preston getting relegated in 2011
He had 2 spells at Macclesfield and in 2012 he took them into the Conference after 15 years in League 2!!!!!!
Wherever he has gone, there have been plenty of player changes and not always for the best.
This is his first spell as a Football Coordinator and exactly what that means or what he has done for Southend United, I truly have absolutely no idea.
I suspect we will hear plenty from him if ever successful, but in the meantime, your guess is as good as any other:winking:

Brian Who is a respected figure having managed over 1000 games.
He was assistant to PB with Hull getting promoted in 2007.
He was assistant to PB at Preston getting relegated in 2011
He had 2 spells at Macclesfield and in 2012 he took them into the Conference after 15 years in League 2!!!!!!
Wherever he has gone, there have been plenty of player changes and not always for the best.
This is his first spell as a Football Coordinator and exactly what that means or what he has done for Southend United, I truly have absolutely no idea.
I suspect we will hear plenty from him if ever successful, but in the meantime, your guess is as good as any other:winking:

I believe they were sacked before Christmas, so can't credit them with a relegation.

Obviously PB trusts Brian Horton and when Dave Penney left in the summer a slot became available on the staff. Yes its a fancy title but not one that will bankrupt our club.

Is Graham Coughlan the assistant manager or football coordinator?
Can Brian Horton as a football coordinator be the assistant manager?
What does Horton do at Southend?
Not being critical, rather more inquisitive .

Is Graham Coughlan the assistant manager or football coordinator?
Can Brian Horton as a football coordinator be the assistant manager?
What does Horton do at Southend?
Not being critical, rather more inquisitive .

He is the assistant manager. Moved up a place from coach in the summer.

During the matches Horton sits higher up in the directors area for the first half. I guess its abetter view to see what the opposition are doing. He does signal down to PB. He's on the training ground in the week day mornings and they go through the tactical stuff and review games etc in the afternoon They go to plenty of games in the evening together.

After the under 21's game at Barnett on Tuesday afternoon PB went up to the Coventry V Walsall game and went to Spurs on Wednesday. Its not all sitting around in the Roslin Hotel bar, despite what some people say.

I don't think he claps the fans enough. He should be in the crowd, shirt off with his back to the game to make a real difference.

a simple case of Phil helping a mate.

the amount of settlements Brown has had in his career, he should be paying Horton's wages.

Horton has just given a live interview on ITV Granada up here in the northwest outside the Man City stadium. Gabbled on about Pep Guardiola, being a top manager. No mention of Brown or Southend.
Is he still employed with Southend? What does he do? Is he scouting for City cast offs? Is he looking for new stadium architecture for Ron Martin? Please, anyone, what is he doing for Southend?:sad:

Heard that he remains based up north and is an infrequent attendee at the training ground.

Nothing against the man at all , but was a very strange appointment imho.

Has he done anything really? Anybody have any inside info?

Anybody feel this appointment is a waste of money?

Last I heard he was the mayor of Dibley Village, The female Vicar might say otherwise.. but on the whole.. a good appointment in my opinion.

i don't get the obsession with Brian Horton on here. we don't know what he does but Phil Brown does and that's good enough for me. He's getting wages, i assume, which could be spend elsewhere which must mean that Phil thinks he's useful otherwise he'd want the money for something else

Back