• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Hospitality Packages

Phippsy

C2Cs finest⭐
Afternoon all,

I am after a bit of advice regarding the hospitality at Roots hall, I am a regular over the West and haven't even ventured into the East for about 20 years and have never done hospitality at any ground I've been too. Anyway its my friends birthday next month and his Son has asked about the 3 of us doing one of the packages, Now my question for anyone who has actually done it, paid for it.
A) Which package is the best for all round special day? i.e. meal, drinks and watching the game from a (Ahem) posh comfy seats
B) Can it all be booked online or do you have to use the incredible phone system our club has?
C) As there will only be us 3 is there any packages which are more suited to a small group or does it not matter?

I'm not too bothered about cost as its a treat for the old boy. I was looking at the Captains suite ! would that be a good shout?

Anyway over to the knowledgeable rabble that makes up this board, I thank you in advance for helping me out with this

Dal

Afternoon all,

I thought I had posted a thread but it seems to have disappeared, anyway.

It is my friends birthday next month and his son has suggested that the 3 of us go and watch a game at Roots hall and use the hospitality, Has anyone got any advice on which one is better. I.e. for a meal with drinks and nice seats ideally in directors box or nice seats. I am a west stand only fan and haven't ventured into the East for over 20 years or ever used hospitality at a match , so I am a bit unsure of what is on offer and the best package for an all round birthday treat. I'm not too worried about cost either.

thanks in advance

Dal

I have done a few from Directors box, Legends Lounge and private box. All are, imo, made into very good days by the work of David Crown, Brian Dear and Frankie Banks.
The food is okay, in a pub lunch type way.
And are all the above including seats in directors box? I dont even know where the legends lounge is haha

And are all the above including seats in directors box? I dont even know where the legends lounge is haha
Some, most, seats are in main stand not D Box, and none the worse for that. Be aware the club is really short on staff and poor at setting out, and pushing the packages. My advice would be to get along early or during the day and asking to speak with James who, amongst other jobs, has this as his responsibility. Jordan is also a good guy, in charge of ticket office but again he seems to have 4 jobs to balance.
The receptionist is quite helpful at the main East Stand office.

If its just 3 of you I would go for the Captains Suite. You would get your own table and seats in the Directors box.
Thanks Rigsby, there is just us 3 at the game.

Its at times like this I really miss being a league club. The draw of Solihull Moors in the Captains suite isn't quite the same

As someone who uses the hospitality a few times a year I can say that it is usually excellent. As has been said, Crowny and Frank are great hosts, they make everyone feel welcome, and in between flitting about all of the hospitality areas, take time out to have a chat and make you feel 'part of it'.

Crowny does a quiz for the Legends Lounge and Captains suite which is good fun, and there are often squad players not on first team duty that day popping in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Personally, we prefer the 1906 lounge for a "special" visit - this is a small lounge that usually holds three tables and (I think) a maximum of 12. It is a three course table served meal - we were in there for the Yeovil game for my recent birthday and had tomato soup (which was delicious) or pate, hunters chicken or lasagne and apple and blackberry crumble at half time (our choice to have it then). It includes a drink (used to be half a bottle of wine or equivalent), and tea or coffee. You can open a tab for other drinks and have constant service throughout the evening.

You watch from inside the box, pushing the tables back to sit at the windows. David Crown pops in and out a few times and has a chat with you. The box is situated off centre to the north so you have a great view of that goal in particular.

Dress code is smart casual, so jeans are ok, colours are not.

Last edited:
The Captains Suite is behind the Directors Box, and you have seats in there for the match. Blues Legends Lounge is above reception and seats are usually in the yellows. The other hospitality areas are all seated (or you can stand) inside but you have windows in each of them that open so you can still enjoy the atmosphere.

The Captains Suite is behind the Directors Box, and you have seats in there for the match. Blues Legends Lounge is above reception and seats are usually in the yellows. The other hospitality areas are all seated (or you can stand) inside but you have windows in each of them that open so you can still enjoy the atmosphere.
Brilliant thanks Obl for the detailed reply. And to everyone else who responded

Personally I don't like the boxes as they are sterile and you lose the atmosphere.....Im sure tonight it will be buzzing in the stands and who wants to miss out after the last 3 seasons.

The Centre Circle is fun for a big 20+ lad and ladetts day out as you don't have to move and can drink during the game. Pick one of the unattractive games and you make your own atmosphere.

Personally I don't like the boxes as they are sterile and you lose the atmosphere.....Im sure tonight it will be buzzing in the stands and who wants to miss out after the last 3 seasons.

The Centre Circle is fun for a big 20+ lad and ladetts day out as you don't have to move and can drink during the game. Pick one of the unattractive games and you make your own atmosphere.
I think they're fine if you've got the windows open, it's just nice to be able to have a drink, stand about, chat and go to the loo without having to worry about tucking umpteen layers of clothing back in and trying to find some soap!

Personally not so keen on the Centre Circle now, don't like the high stools and tables.

Back