• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's my mum's birthday at the start of March and, as the generous son that I am, I thought she could come with me to Southend.

As it's her birthday I think sticking her in the West like usual is a bit harsh, so what's the hospitality like?
She doesn't really drink and isn't the most mobile so any tips on what's comfortable for a sit down and a decent feed?

Cheers

3 course meal with half a bottle of wine,parking and programme thrown in for around £35 per head.

Good value

3 course meal with half a bottle of wine,parking and programme thrown in for around £35 per head.

Good value
Are you sure its as cheap as that? Maybe that was a special offer for a cup game?
I think they have a pricing structure and have different prices for certain games. I thought the cheapest option was about £50 + VAT.

Blues Legends Lounge or, for preference the Centre Circle Lounge. I like the CC Lounge because it's entirely without having to expose yourself to the nasty cold fresh air when it's bitterly cold!

Stand corrected. Buy a season's worth £10 shy of a Grand and it's £36 a match ish plus vat.
The Blues Legends Lounge
Two course meal
Half bottle of wine
Souvenir gift
Padded seat in Blues Paddock area
Half time tea, coffee & biscuits
Official Matchday Programme
Car parking space
Fun quiz to win signed memorabilia
Opportunity to meet players
Prices start from £50 + vat

Added benefits of The Blues Legends Lounge seasonal package:

Discounted match tickets
Ticket priority for cup & away games
Logo or name displayed on the Official Club website on Centre Circle Lounge & The Blues Legends Lounge
Seasonal price £825 + vat, just £36 + vat per match

Blues Legends Lounge or, for preference the Centre Circle Lounge. I like the CC Lounge because it's entirely without having to expose yourself to the nasty cold fresh air when it's bitterly cold!

is the view alright from inside?
if this heatwave hits then being outside might be nice, but it is still March, even on the Essex Riviera

is the view alright from inside?
if this heatwave hits then being outside might be nice, but it is still March, even on the Essex Riviera

This was hubby and I with my dad for the Sheffield game, you can see the pitch behind us - perfectly good view. The only problem is if people hoof it!

Roots Hall v Sheffield 070117.jpg

Ahh the Blues Paddock. Used to have my season ticket directly behind it when I sat in the East Stand. Always full of people that cared very little about the result and during a playoff campaign that was quite frustrating. Would much rather it was full with true fans like yourselves.

I must say though that even at £50, it sounds pretty good value.

I've always said to myself that I'd like to sample it once before we move but seeing as the move is about as likely as us signing Dele Alli I think I've got time yet.

I've done all 3 lounges and for your elderly mother I would definitely say the CC lounge. The setting is better and you get 3 courses. She won't have to move to watch the game, where as the Blues lounge the seats are quite low in the stand so its a real bundle to get out at half-time for your tea and biscuits.

If you get to the ground a bit early today they will probably let you have a quick look. Don't forget if you have a season ticket they will give you a discount but cancel your seat for that match.

I think there is a promotional video on the club website.

Last edited:
Go for Blues Legends Lounge - host David Crown will make you feel welcome and its good value 'homely' stuff. The seats you get in the East are fine.

David Crown also hosts in the Centre Circle lounge and spent much of the match in there too last time we were there. To clarify, you have your first two courses sat at the table as I've shown in my photo, then the tables are moved back and seats are all turned to face the pitch. You get an allowance of half a bottle of wine each, there's free tea and coffee and you can obviously buy further drinks if wanted. You have your dessert at half time, which works perfectly well. It's a very civilised and comfortable way to watch.

I'm also surprised you find the seats ok in the East as the leg room is dreadful and you're quite tall!

David Crown also hosts in the Centre Circle lounge and spent much of the match in there too last time we were there. To clarify, you have your first two courses sat at the table as I've shown in my photo, then the tables are moved back and seats are all turned to face the pitch. You get an allowance of half a bottle of wine each, there's free tea and coffee and you can obviously buy further drinks if wanted. You have your dessert at half time, which works perfectly well. It's a very civilised and comfortable way to watch.

I'm also surprised you find the seats ok in the East as the leg room is dreadful and you're quite tall!

True OBL, but after years of getting used to poor legroom you get used to it and find it odd (eg stadium MK) if there is ample room. Nothing like digging your knees in to the person in front and standing up to ruin the view of the person behind. And having sampled the 'behind glass' experience before I just find it a bit too closeted, 'crowd involvement' is all part of the match day experience!

All the match packages are pretty good, having tried them at differing times over the last two years, but I'd say the Centre Circle Lounge is the best.

That said, the Blues Lounge and seat in the East are good too. Cushions, as well, but pack a pair of sunglasses.

Nothing like digging your knees in to the person in front and standing up to ruin the view of the person behind. And having sampled the 'behind glass' experience before I just find it a bit too closeted, 'crowd involvement' is all part of the match day experience!

It's the back of the chair in front digging into MY knees I have an issue with!
If you open the windows, you still get all the atmosphere :smile:

Are you sure its as cheap as that? Maybe that was a special offer for a cup game?
I think they have a pricing structure and have different prices for certain games. I thought the cheapest option was about £50 + VAT.

Haven't been for a while tbf. Think it was around that at the time. Most of the times I've been it's been free as someone has a box for day etc

Back