• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hot Tips for Cheltenham ?

Irate Ian

Members
Shame the FA could not have organised our fixture list a little better, two weeks later we could have had done the double of The Gold Cup at Prestbury Park.

Anyone have any hot tips for Cheltenham NH Festival ??

Broughtons of Cheltenham are clients of my business [Bentley & Rolls Royce dealership] - although can't afford such luxury myself, may well pay them a courtesy visit, so that fuel x's can be lawfully covered for the day !

Black Velvet

Mindful may not be flavour of the month in some quarters,

Appreciate no losing tips ! as I have backed enough donkeys
over the years.

Did manage at 50/1 winner 2 years ago and for anyone who has not tried it can highly recomend the guiness village @ cheltenham racecourse and the
delights of: Guiness/Champagne cocktails in the wine bars after racing mixing it with the Irish contingent, who do know how to celebrate even if they have done most if not all their hard earnt.

Shame the FA could not have organised our fixture list a little better, two weeks later we could have had done the double of The Gold Cup at Prestbury Park.

Anyone have any hot tips for Cheltenham NH Festival ??

Broughtons of Cheltenham are clients of my business [Bentley & Rolls Royce dealership] - although can't afford such luxury myself, may well pay them a courtesy visit, so that fuel x's can be lawfully covered for the day !

I know nothing about horses and betting companies aren't necessarily the hotbed of tips you expect. However, I did pick Silver Birch for the National and had a good time backing at Ascot last year so I may cast my eye over some races.

Hard to look past Kauto Star for the Gold Cup particularly with all the hoo-haa over Exotic Dancer.

Come on someone must have a live outsider ?

Anyone else have any hot tips for Cheltenham NH Festival ??

Apart from Kauto Star [EVS], surely amongst our Shrimpezoners we have someone who may have a strong tip in the range of 8/1 - 50/1 for us to have a small each way investment.

Will have the pleasure to be at Gold Cup Friday 14 March, anyone else going ?

Last edited:
On The Morning Line to-day, big Mac reckons than McManus
says That Don't Push It [which McManus owns] in the Racing
Post Plate [current odds 7/1] will win.

Form = 2nd to Denman and thrown in the handicap with only
11s 7lb [according to what Mr McCrimmick was told by McManus]

Anyone else have any hot tips for Cheltenham NH Festival ??

Apart from Kauto Star [EVS], surely amongst our Shrimpezoners we have someone who may have a strong tip in the range of 8/1 - 50/1 for us to have a small each way investment.

Will have the pleasure to be at Gold Cup Friday 14 March, anyone else going ?

Must admit i haven't heard any tips for this year.

Never been to Cheltenham, always fancied it just never got round to it.

The Guinness Village @ Cheltenham

Mixing it with the Irish in the 1st fortnight in March is the best racing
fix anyone having an interest in horses or betting on them could ever
wish for.

The crac in the pubs and wine bars both before and after is superb,
even if you and the rest have done all your hard earnt on the GG's

Highly recommeded for anyone who has never been.

Still await one hot tip from someone.

Come on Lets be having you ! [Delia]

Must admit i haven't heard any tips for this year.

Never been to Cheltenham, always fancied it just never got round to it.[/QUOTE]

robin debwah. spelt completely wrong but heard this horse mentioned a few times, apparently an outsider with some good odds.

robin debwah. spelt completely wrong but heard this horse mentioned a few times, apparently an outsider with some good odds.

That'll be Robin Du Bois, currently a 16/1 chance for the Coral Cup.

Not a tip as such, but some advice - there will be loads of great free bet offers trying to entice new customers to open online/phone accounts, so do shop around.

Last year the likes of Hills, Coral and Ladbrokes were offering to match your first bet up to something like £200 and there'll be more of the same this year no doubt (I know what the Ladbrokes offer will be, but it's a secret until Tuesday morning :winking: )

If you go to the races do you have to dress up really smart or just smart casual? or is there no dress code? I fancy heading down there but can't be bothered in dressing smart.

If you go to the races do you have to dress up really smart or just smart casual? or is there no dress code? I fancy heading down there but can't be bothered in dressing smart.

Best thing is to dress up smart. My flatmate went last year, and I think it's best to smart, especially if you go on Friday, which is Gold Cup day.

What's the odds on Kauto Star this year then, guys?!

Cracking. Just had the offer of some tickets for Champion Hurdle day (Tuesday). Guinness and several ill-advised bets here I come....

Back