• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Hotel plans now ditched.

Flinty

Not a member⭐
Just seems to me now that he is doing the least possible with the new ground just to tick a covernance box and develop RH. He has no long term self sufficient long term strategy for the club, just more money for him and SBC, feel like he has played us all

MattE

Manager⭐
Just seems to me now that he is doing the least possible with the new ground just to tick a covernance box and develop RH. He has no long term self sufficient long term strategy for the club, just more money for him and SBC, feel like he has played us all

If he'd taken over the club a couple of years ago, then maybe. But he's owned the club for decades

rigsby

Life President⭐
A question for those of you who regularly claim "Its all one mans fault".

If you were given £5m and could turn the clock back to 1998 when if I remember right we finished about 18th in L2 (4th tier) what would you do different ?

Don't forget you have to pay off the £4m debt run up by the previous owners as the banks are about to close RH. You have to deal with Sainsbury's because they have first dibs on RH. Plus you have to deal with SBC, for the previous 15 years the made no secrete of not wanting football in our town. They would rather the club went to Basildon than allow a new stadium or the redevelopment of RH.

We all love RH so would you stay, go to Bas, build a new stadium or back to the Kursal etc......

Kat_r

Striker
But this will impact on the ability to earn income too? Thought we were supposed to targeting corporate and social events, you're not going to do that with more housing and nowhere to stay!
I mean yes. But you thought Ron actually cared about the club after he’s cashed out?

Kat_r

Striker
Yes. But fans don’t see it. He is and was a property developer.