• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Recall Brighton away once on a Saturday being very hot. We lost to two last minute goals.
Dont know which one you mean. I remember us getting beat 3-2 at Brighton, when Flahavan was flapping all over the place and we let a few in the last 5 minutes, but that wasn't hot. Maybe before my time. For me two stick out. Opening day a couple of seasons back against Accrington, and Carlisle at Home around 1998, think it was Alvin Martins first game, got sunburnt sitting in the East yellows

Well, there was this one time I was wearing shorts showing off the holiday tan......

Real Madrid 'C' v Southend United or 'Southern United' as I believe was printed on the ticket :smile:

Carlisle first game of season in or around '98 (as referred to above). Remember my mate covering his legs with a newspaper to avoid sunburn and getting ink all over him.

Stoke City at home was quite a hot one, would have been first game back in the Championship and I believe it was that hot Luke Chadwell passed out with Heat Exhaustio and needed oxygen on the pitch.

Another game that sticks out in the mind is Mansfield away, first away game of the season and we drew 0.0. Very muggy and sticky, unpleasant wasn't the word! Must have been about 99/00 ish?

Liverpool,1979..even though the away game was played in January, i was "sweating" all the time in Liverpool...all that ducking & diving,trying to survive...was never warmer:omg:

I seem to recall that the fantastic 3-3 draw at home to Norwich in the Championship was incredibly hot in the West Stand, even though it was an evening match

Hottest Ive ever been was against Crewe in 1990.

I was still a young man, still able to carry off a tight tshirt and my hair look just right you know? Havent been that hot in a long time I can tell you....

Hottest Ive ever been was against Crewe in 1990.

I was still a young man, still able to carry off a tight tshirt and my hair look just right you know? Havent been that hot in a long time I can tell you....

Was that you in the black leather peaked cap? If so, why didn't you wink back?

Cannot remeber the year but we played a pre-season friendly and they also shot sequences for the Soap Opera "The Dream Team" - HArchester United - was really hot that day!!

Peterborough away 1990 when we won 2-1 to go up. Very hot. Nice drive back to my brother's house in Cambridge and let the party begin!

I remember last season against Oxford United, evening game shown live on Sky, seeing Natalie Sawyer before the game and she certainly was HOT, HOT, HOT...:winking:

I think these threads are getting a bit silly. What's the best away toilet or maybe the best away pint or the coldest pie lol

Was at a game early last season, a really gorgeous middle aged woman sat two rows in front of me.

I was sweating all game and didn't see much of the football :winking:

Back