• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Housing market

Not sure about this as the minimum wage is still at a ridiculously low £7.20. So a bit less than 20k a year. I do think a starter home or flat needs to be at max 80K for 1 bed and a 2up2down house at 120k. More social housing, of this sort, for low income WORKERS (who then do right to buy) is urgently needed.

A lot less if my calculations are correct a 40hr week at £7.20 an hour gets you £14,976 a year! Who can live on that!?

A lot less if my calculations are correct a 40hr week at £7.20 an hour gets you £14,976 a year! Who can live on that!?

That way you will have to work a 60 hour week. Which is what they would like, as we are already working much longer hours than people did in the 60's and 70's.

Yes. Two people working should be able to comfortably afford a three bedroom house. Its exactly what we need to build and lots of, not one bedroom starter homes.

Not sure about this as the minimum wage is still at a ridiculously low £7.20. So a bit less than 20k a year. I do think a starter home or flat needs to be at max 80K for 1 bed and a 2up2down house at 120k. More social housing, of this sort, for low income WORKERS (who then do right to buy) is urgently needed.

I didn't mean people should not have a starter home. If the country was flooded with affordable 3 bedroom houses then you would all benefit.

At the moment there are lots of young couples who cant afford to move up and start a family or like relatives of mine are stuck in their starter home with one child and unable to have the planned second. If you make houses affordable then flats become cheaper at the same time. So in effect if I build a house then 2 or 3 families/couples/singles in the property ladder can benefit.

How would I do this With the £10 billion we would save a year from the EU I could build over a million publicly funded houses in the next 10 to 15 years. Set a national rent of £500 per month for key WORKERS and for those that actually build the property.

In Norway I'm told, if the government need your land for housing then you have three years to sell or they confiscate it any way. We would of course upset some very wealthy people and the NIMBY's who want to block every development but sod them. Its the most important part of anyone's life, their family home. Surely there must be one political party out there that can grasp this fact.

Back