• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Personally, I don't think Messi tracks back enough, shows lack of commitment to the cause and work rate. :winking:

Actually this is a common criticism amongst Bar$a supporters.They let him off though because he's scored shedloads of goals for a few seasons now-unlike a certain SUFC striker.:winking:

Amazes me how Corr gets moaned at. If you look at his past record he has had an amazing season by his standards. He hasn't seemed fit all season yet he weighs in with goals. He will never get the credit he deserves as he is a bruiser rather than a flair player but personally I am delighted with his input.

Own goal.:hilarious:

Glad you asked.I've got nothing whatsoever against Barry Corr.In fact he's proved himself to be quite a decent goalscorer at this level.

Yep - and if he had proven himself to be a decent goalscorer at a level above then he wouldn't be playing for us. We are where we are, the players get paid a salary on league 2 wages so if they do well at this level then credit is due.

Yep - and if he had proven himself to be a decent goalscorer at a level above then he wouldn't be playing for us. We are where we are, the players get paid a salary on league 2 wages so if they do well at this level then credit is due.

That's quite true.And if PS hadn't worked with him before(twice)he wouldn't be playing for us now either.
I agree he's due full credit for what he's achieved this season.
Doubt if anyone will come in for him at the end of the season though, no matter how many he scores.Given his career long injury record(and previous disciplinary record)he'd be a huge gamble at any level above L2.

That's quite true.And if PS hadn't worked with him before(twice)he wouldn't be playing for us now either.
Doubt if anyone will come in for him at the end of the season though, no matter how many he scores.Given his career long injury record(and previous disciplinary record)he'd be a huge gamble at any level above L2.

I'm really failing to see your point.

I don't think anyone has said that he is a fantastic footballer etc. We are all baring your good self saying that as a L2 striker it dosent get much better than Bazza and 14 goals at this stage in the season is a good level for any player to get too.

As a side note I would also add that is this season alone he has now scored more goals for us than he has in the rest of his career if wiki is to be believed.

That's not true because, as JTSB pointed out before the season started, Corr had already "agreed" to join the club as one of Tilson's signings.

As for how in-demand he is, as I've said before goalscoring targetmen are hot property in the lower leagues if he keeps scoring goals then someone will be interested. Same story with Revs at Orient, to be honest.

Glad you asked.I've got nothing whatsoever against Barry Corr.In fact he's proved himself to be quite a decent goalscorer at this level.

I think thats the point BC is operating at his level - A 4th division centre forward - like millions we have had before (Drewe, Mcdonut etc etc )

I've been saying for ages that corr has been great for us but always surprised by the amount flack he gets.

his target now is to get 20 for the season and hopefully more. That would be a great signing considering we got him on a free. you've also got to say well done to sturruck.

Back