• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mark387

Youth Team⭐
Afternoon guys,

Not sure which of the forums this should go in as it's only a bit of fun but feel free to move it Mods/Admin.

Looking at a few posts on here it looks like a few of you have some opinions on how the club should be run. So for fun I thought I'd post this up for you guys to to air your views on how the club could appeal to more fans and debate.

Ok so I'm currently doing a business and marketing course and one of projects late last year was to take an existing company and submit a proposal to improve its turnover by 10%. The company I chose was Southend United Football Club. I really wish I hadn't lol. I've since chosen another company and did quite well. This is just a snippet of what the the overall proposal would have been but lets see what you guys think of this proposal and see if you can spot (amongst other things) what the main problem with this proposal is.

Match day prices

18+ - £15
7 to 17 - £5
6 and under - £1

Season tickets

Perks
*Guaranteed same seat if renewed within 1 month of the start of the season
*1/3 off your seat at cup games

Prices
18+ - £299
7 to 17 - £99
6 and under - £20

Promotions

Individual match day promos
Kids go free – 2 free kids tickets with each full paying Adult
Bring a friend – Buy one get one free on Adult tickets
This ones on us – Free Pint with every full paying Adult ticket
Food and Pint for a Fiver – Burger, Chips and a Pint £5 with each full paying adult ticket
Pound Land – All tickets £1

Annual promos
1x free ticket with every full priced Replica shirt bought.

Last edited:
The Martini Dunking Stool
At halftime Blues fans line up to take a turn at throwing a ball at a target, if they hit it Ron goes in the drink. £5 a go. We'll be minted in no time.

Drastic™;1361479 said:
The Martini Dunking Stool
At halftime Blues fans line up to take a turn at throwing a ball at a target, if they hit it Ron goes in the drink. £5 a go. We'll be minted in no time.

Brilliant, can I have more than 1 go?

Why full price for 17 year olds? Due to the new school leaving age children will have to be in full time education until they are 18. Bit harsh to make 17 year olds pay full price especially when they can't have a full time job.

Why full price for 17 year olds? Due to the new school leaving age children will have to be in full time education until they are 18. Bit harsh to make 17 year olds pay full price especially when they can't have a full time job.

Sorry I think thats my cackhanded way of writing it out. Its full price for over 17s meaning 18 and over.

Edited my opening post for clarity

Sorry I think thats my cackhanded way of writing it out. Its full price for over 17s meaning 18 and over.

Edited my opening post for clarity

O.K. thats better!

Think you might need some sort of family season ticket deal. As at the moment I think it's £360 for an Adult and 1 child in the family stand. With your prices some people would be paying nearly £400. Southend have not shifted many family season tickets this season even at £360 so you would need to look at that.

O.K. thats better!

Think you might need some sort of family season ticket deal. As at the moment I think it's £360 for an Adult and 1 child in the family stand. With your prices some people would be paying nearly £400. Southend have not shifted many family season tickets this season even at £360 so you would need to look at that.

Ah yes that's definitely something I overlooked. How about £325 (1 Adult + 1 under 18), each additional Adult £225 and each additional under 18 £60?

Taking things a little more seriously....
* Club Shop/Merchandise. Always thought the range limited and dull - yes I know a wider range would cost more - most football clubs are. I've always wanted sew on club logo patches, so you could put them on bags/coats/scarves etc. generally thinking outside the box, like being the first club to bring a company like CultZeros instore.
* Using the internet better. Is it just me or has the Email Newsletter gone missing? The Club shop has a twitter account but rarely uses it. These things keep the club in people's minds.
* Food / Bars. This may improve if the new stadium is built, current bars are small and most people I know don't bother. Food range is too narrow for todays customer, more women attend, families too who may well not want the narrow range of junk food. These are about the experience I guess, but if the experience is better the club will appeal more.

Drastic™;1361507 said:
* Club Shop/Merchandise. Always thought the range limited and dull - yes I know a wider range would cost more - most football clubs are. I've always wanted sew on club logo patches, so you could put them on bags/coats/scarves etc. generally thinking outside the box, like being the first club to bring a company like CultZeros instore.
* Using the internet better. Is it just me or has the Email Newsletter gone missing? The Club shop has a twitter account but rarely uses it. These things keep the club in people's minds.
* Food / Bars. This may improve if the new stadium is built, current bars are small and most people I know don't bother. Food range is too narrow for todays customer, more women attend, families too who may well not want the narrow range of junk food. These are about the experience I guess, but if the experience is better the club will appeal more.

Good shouts there.

Not sure why clubs haven't jumped on the CultZero bandwagon yet but that's a good idea.

I'm not a huge fan of these generic websites but while the clubs are stuck with them I would like to see SUFC use it better and engage the fans online more.

Ahh food, my best friend. But how many people want to hang around for proper food? Cheap junk food as far as I can see is the most efficient way of dispensing food at volume and speed

Good shouts there.

Not sure why clubs haven't jumped on the CultZero bandwagon yet but that's a good idea.

I'm not a huge fan of these generic websites but while the clubs are stuck with them I would like to see SUFC use it better and engage the fans online more.

Ahh food, my best friend. But how many people want to hang around for proper food? Cheap junk food as far as I can see is the most efficient way of dispensing food at volume and speed

Not strictly true, been to plenty of music festivals where there are all sorts of food stalls churning out far more interesting food, just as fast. At present I never buy food at RH, and plenty of others don't either, there's a significant untapped market. imho.

Drastic™;1361507 said:

Not so, got one this morning. Food is a good issue to bring up. Do they sell proper beer or is it all p***water lager?

Drastic™;1361515 said:
Not strictly true, been to plenty of music festivals where there are all sorts of food stalls churning out far more interesting food, just as fast. At present I never buy food at RH, and plenty of others don't either, there's a significant untapped market. imho.

I suppose

What sort of food do you think we could churn out at speed that people would want at reasonable prices?

A section of the ground where you can drink in view of the pitch (with plastic glasses). Realise its against the law but its a theoretic question isn't it and Hillsborough was nothing to do with drinking inside the stadium so its about time the law was changed....

Bound to bring the punters in who are instead having a beer on a friday or saturday....

A section of the ground where you can drink in view of the pitch (with plastic glasses). Realise its against the law but its a theoretic question isn't it and Hillsborough was nothing to do with drinking inside the stadium so its about time the law was changed....

Bound to bring the punters in who are instead having a beer on a friday or saturday....

Well maybe the deregulation in Poland will affect our laws depending on the the outcome over the next year or so?

Back