• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supa Shrimpa

Director⭐
We have such a huge following for the big occasions, but they rarely seem to visit the hall for your typical home league match ? Any suggestions how we can entice them in, or have we tried and found it's pointless ?

Win ................

Yup.

My brother-in-law - from Leigh, but an Arsenal fan - comes to games occasionally and was there at Wembley. He joined me for the Swindon game and although we weren't terrible that day, getting him back for another match would be a much easier sell if we had won.

People love a winning team - remember the spring of 2006 as we made our way towards the Championship and we had six consecutive crowds of 8,000+?

build a decent stadium with proper facilities :'(

It will never happen at rootshall, the new stadium and reasonable prices will get a fair few through the turnstiles, lots of family's will want to go as facilities will be better also, seating, parking refreshments and all the other things:smile:

Combination of things, winning being the key. Better facilities, better car parking, better stadium, attractive ticketing promotions....but top of the list is winning.

If you're talking about Saturday's attendance, obviously being live on Sky, and the kick off time, was an issue. I, for example,(after taking my two to tennis lessons and football training in the morning) would have struggled to have made KO time (living in London) so I plotted up in the local boozer with son no1 to watch the game instead. On the other hand, when booking our tickets for the visit of the Shrews, I noticed that there were not many available in the East Stand, encouraging. You should not overlook the fact that our home attendances are decent that that every club has many thousand DT's on the big occasions.

I wasn't talking about Saturday's attendance. Just in general, really. Saturday was a strange one, with it being on tv, 12 o'clock KO, school holidays etc.

Yup.

My brother-in-law - from Leigh, but an Arsenal fan - comes to games occasionally and was there at Wembley. He joined me for the Swindon game and although we weren't terrible that day, getting him back for another match would be a much easier sell if we had won.

People love a winning team - remember the spring of 2006 as we made our way towards the Championship and we had six consecutive crowds of 8,000+?

No disrespect to your Brother-in-Law, but i'd rather see my local team pitting themselves against better sides in a higher division, where some weeks we win and others they lose, rather than seeing them winning regularly in a lower division.

...but we won't be winning. It would be a battle of survival. It seems some people only want to see us when we're winning

No disrespect to your Brother-in-Law, but i'd rather see my local team pitting themselves against better sides in a higher division, where some weeks we win and others they lose, rather than seeing them winning regularly in a lower division.

Don't worry, I won't give up on him!

All of the plus things already mentioned will help, winning, pricing etc. I also think that Bradford's model of #onefournine is a model worth examining by the Blues management next season.

For those that don't know what I'm on about, this is an extract from one of their web pages.:

'Earlier in the summer, Bradford City reaffirmed their commitment to fight against rising tickets for their fans by confirming their impressively low season ticket prices for the upcoming season. In their bid to bring the most value to their fans, the Bantams confirmed that supporters over the age of 16 will pay only £149 for a season ticket. It’s an incredibly brave and admirable initiative from the League One side, whose preference to fill the stadium instead of their own pockets shows that there are still clubs trying to run the club in the right way.'

City clocked up 18,000 ST sales before the scheme closed.

We have such a huge following for the big occasions, but they rarely seem to visit the hall for your typical home league match ? Any suggestions how we can entice them in, or have we tried and found it's pointless ?

You are looking at it the wrong way.

You have to ask what is wrong with the four to five thousand odd that attend home games.

And the less said about those that attended reserve and ESC games the better.

If you're talking about Saturday's attendance, obviously being live on Sky, and the kick off time, was an issue. I, for example,(after taking my two to tennis lessons and football training in the morning) would have struggled to have made KO time (living in London) so I plotted up in the local boozer with son no1 to watch the game instead. On the other hand, when booking our tickets for the visit of the Shrews, I noticed that there were not many available in the East Stand, encouraging. You should not overlook the fact that our home attendances are decent that that every club has many thousand DT's on the big occasions.

We supposedly had more home fans on Saturday v Peterborough than against Swindon. The home fans v Swindon 5,208 and v Peterborough 5,299 home fans.

I think you will find most of the decent seats in the East Stand are season ticket holders, so the Yellow, Red and Green seats are pretty much sold out for every game, loads of seats still available in the Blacks seats for the Shrewsbury game.

Back