• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How did our Dorian play today ??

duncan bulgaria

Fuzzy Wuzzy Was a Woman
Couldn't make the game today , so just curious how the boy did , i actually thought that Tilly done the right thing in moving Barrett to left back , yes a little harsh on herd , but just for the height factor and experience i'd have Barrett .

To keep a clean sheet seems to me that he played well , but want opinions from those who went .

We have been crying out IMO for a decent partner for Clarke and i'm hoping DD will be the piece of the jigsaw that will make us more resiliant at the back , does he have pace , comfortable on the etc ?? is he a much needed improvement on AB ??

Looked class. Fantastic reading of the game that means he wasn't out of position all game. Slightly nervy early on but grew into the game. As for being comfortable on the ball, made the goal and sprayed passes around all day as well as the occasional dribble. Looked much more solid with him in there IMO.

He had a bit of a shaky opening few minutes giving away a foul and a sliced clearance that almost ended in tears but after that he grew into the game and was a MOTM contender for me.

He generally looked really composed and he won loads in the air. Did some great interceptions (likes to stay on his feet) and also has a good long range pass on him, one of which ultimately setup our goal.

Tilson should definately keep this back four going into the next match. Dervite only made one mistake that I saw, being a communication breakdown with Clarke early on. Apart from that he looks class.

Looked class. Fantastic reading of the game that means he wasn't out of position all game. Slightly nervy early on but grew into the game. As for being comfortable on the ball, made the goal and sprayed passes around all day as well as the occasional dribble. Looked much more solid with him in there IMO.

Cheers pal , with Harry ' i wanna sign the world ' Redknapp at the helm , is there any chance we can secure this fella or does he look well out of our grasps ala Stanilas , Sawyer ???

Great to see him have a accomplished debut , Barretts reading of the game is is biggest downfall IMO and his lack of pace can't get him out of trouble , so i'm guessing that he can sweep up for Clarke who likes to get stuck in etc .

Cheers pal , with Harry ' i wanna sign the world ' Redknapp at the helm , is there any chance we can secure this fella or does he look well out of our grasps ala Stanilas , Sawyer ???

Great to see him have a accomplished debut , Barretts reading of the game is is biggest downfall IMO and his lack of pace can't get him out of trouble , so i'm guessing that he can sweep up for Clarke who likes to get stuck in etc .

I'd suggest it's unlikely. He's still very young and has captained the french U-18's. I wouldn't imagine league one football would appeal to him much, especially as he'd cost a fair few bob too. Lets cherish having here for the time being.

Dorian was very solid today. Looks very assured on the ball and showed he can pass. Too good for this level, little chance of signing him IMO.

Both our loan players today looked a class apart from the rest of our players.

yep, def agree with that. Dervitte looked so comfortable on the ball, and Robinson was unlucky not to score.

Only criticism was the Sankofa/Francis partnership. Not Simons fault, as he was playing out of position, but he always looked to pass back, rather than taking on his man.

Doesn't sound very promising in terms of getting him but let's just enjoy having him while he's with us. Hopefully Tilly has finally realised that the partnership of Clarkey and Barrett is not working and when Dervite goes (assuming Clarkey's still here of course) he doesn't revert to type and start playing Barrett and Clarke together at CB again.

Not Simons fault, as he was playing out of position, but he always looked to pass back, rather than taking on his man.

francis was the worst player on the pitch today. when he was through on goal and looked the other way and forgot the ball was just laughable.

francis was the worst player on the pitch today. when he was through on goal and looked the other way and forgot the ball was just laughable.

Disagree strongly. Considering he was playing out of his natural position i thought he looked solid. Having two right backs down the right hand side made us strong defensively and that defensive strength was crucial in this win, especially considering we were up against the best striker in the division. Some of his crosses were superb, and i thought the strikers should have been doing more to get onto the end of them.

Dont agree. Francis was played out of position and wasnt really given much support by Sankofa. He put in a few decent balls [with a few crap ones] which maybe should have been attacked better. Also, there wasnt much for him to aim for going forward generally today as for around 70 mins of the game our movement was pretty poor.
Francis was no MOTM contender today, but he done OK, all things considered.

disagree, I thought everyone done what would of been asked of them today, Francis is not a winger but I thought he looked more than capable.

Sounds promising from young Dervite.

Did Brizzle threaten much and also how was AB at left-back?

He was ok at left back. Better going forward really than defensively. He got skinned a couple of times, the second time he picked up a booking for an awful looking foul.

Thought Dervite played well today. Won a lot of headers, tackled well, technically good, but it was his reading of the game - once he settled in - that impressed me most. Rovers were a good team for him to make his first start against as they only had one threat in Lambert, but I'm sure he'll be tested more on Tues against Scunthorpe and we'll find out more then.

Back