• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How did you meet your loved one?

Options

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
I am always amazed about how some people meet there partners. I was out with the lads today and there wives and kids etc and almost all our friends met there partners via work or friends.

Personally I met my Mrs on the train. I had been out drinking around London Bridge and it was about 11. Being the fat ******* that I am I could have run and made an earlier train but I decided to get a burger king. I sat on Platform 5 eating my food when I noticed a really good looking (IMHO) woman coming up the platform.

I decided I was going to talk to her. So she basically walked past me on the platform and I made a slow walk down to where she was standing. Started talking and she was having none of it. Now Platform 5 serves loads of different areas so chances were she was Kent based.

As my train pulled in I reaised she was getting on my train so I basically kept her talking when we got on the train and then she had to sit with me. Worked the magic on the train home and we went for a date the next day. Not only did I get a date I also did a mortgage for her and one for her sister in the first week too.

It always blows my mind how had I made the train I went for I would never have met her. Scary really.

Anyone else got a story.....

I used to produce and sell a matchday fanzine for a lower league football team that i supported and issue 1 i sold to my wife then issue 2 and by issue 3 she had written a letter in but i thought she was a bloke called clive as her writing is terrible even if her letter was funny.
Next game she asked if i liked her letter and i thought yea very boffable as she ticked all the boxes,married bored and funny,so i invited her to lunch to discuss helping with a quiznight and after a short affair we got together.

Commenting on the status of a mutual friend (and my work colleague) on Facebook! He then sent flowers to work for my birthday two days later and we had our first "date" proper at Millwall away in Jan 2010, followed by Colchester away the following month!

Via mutual friends. She saw a photo on FB and thought I looked like Liam Gallagher (it was 10 years old and she's now had laser surgery). 3 or so years later we're married and babied up.

Think there should be a school or uni option in the poll. Met Mrs Pubey in the first year of uni (almost 8 years ago), had a drunken snog at the Christmas Party and then went from there. She worked at the cinema so we had many dates using her staff card to see free films. Graduated and put the effort into continuing a long-distance relationship, and then she got a job in Sheffield 2 years ago after I'd moved up here for work, and we were married last March.

Met at Sixth Form. About 3 years ago
First time we met up outside of sixth form was after I had a very heavy night out at gig somewhere, remember got smacked in the eye ball due to a bit of moshing.
Remember sitting outside Starbucks the day after, sweating everywhere with the biggest black eye you have ever seen.

She stuck with it though! :smile: LOL.

Mrs S was an advocate for an elderly woman who was in increasing need of care services via our friendly neighbourhood Council and needed advice as to how such services could be arranged without taking over this woman's life. I was at the end of the 'phone and then needed to go out and assess this woman's needs, meeting Mrs S in the process. When the time came for me to bow out of proceedings, I asked Mrs S (whilst I was on the way out the door) how her course was going. She was doing a course in complementary therapies and said that she needed a 'case study' to assist with her coursework research. I demurred at the offer of a "full body massage" in favour of reflexology treatment and made sure I washed my feet before I went.

As a footnote to this, I had to postpone the second treatment due to a Euro qualifier that England were involved in. Israel had surprisingly beaten Russia, so it now looked possible that we would qualify if we could get a draw against Croatia at Wembley. Mrs S did not know about the power of football to prise men away from her healing hands, so it was just as well that she had this early lesson as a few months later she visited the Hall and has since been on a few away trips too. England (as you know) didn't get that draw, but within a year me and Mrs S had set up home together and got married a few months later. The lucky lady will be at Swindon on Saturday, so it would be nice if some of you could come up and congratulate her on her good fortune in how working on my feet has led her to Southend United.

Think there should be a school or uni option in the poll.

Done.

Met Auntie Leo at university, but we never actually got together until three years after we graduated. Nine years and two children later, Reading University, so much to answer for....

Mrs S was an advocate for an elderly woman who was in increasing need of care services via our friendly neighbourhood Council and needed advice as to how such services could be arranged without taking over this woman's life. I was at the end of the 'phone and then needed to go out and assess this woman's needs, meeting Mrs S in the process. When the time came for me to bow out of proceedings, I asked Mrs S (whilst I was on the way out the door) how her course was going. She was doing a course in complementary therapies and said that she needed a 'case study' to assist with her coursework research. I demurred at the offer of a "full body massage" in favour of reflexology treatment and made sure I washed my feet before I went.

As a footnote to this, I had to postpone the second treatment due to a Euro qualifier that England were involved in. Israel had surprisingly beaten Russia, so it now looked possible that we would qualify if we could get a draw against Croatia at Wembley. Mrs S did not know about the power of football to prise men away from her healing hands, so it was just as well that she had this early lesson as a few months later she visited the Hall and has since been on a few away trips too. England (as you know) didn't get that draw, but within a year me and Mrs S had set up home together and got married a few months later. The lucky lady will be at Swindon on Saturday, so it would be nice if some of you could come up and congratulate her on her good fortune in how working on my feet has led her to Southend United.

Priceless.:hilarious:

Internet option?

Met Mrs DS on myspace. She'd made friends with one of my mates on myspace after seacrhing for a shared interest, then saw my profile among his friends and made friends with me - she's American. This was in about 2006, we became friends emailing each other for quite some time, she decided to visit in 2007, she'd always wanted to come to England and now she knew someone who lived here. We liked each other already and once we met that was it, we got married in 2009 and she moved here last year.

Single at the moment but I met my last girlfriend in the pub with some mates, she know a couple of them through sixth form and I'd never met her before properly. I do remember after a few drinks and thinking she was a bit alright leaning over to my mate and going "So who's that then?" a little more louder than civilised conversation would normally be held. I then noticed every time I went to the pub with mates she'd then turn up, and got more chatty with me each time. Eventually my friends found out she liked me but didn't want to say because she hadn't long been out of her previous relationship. With this knowledge in mind I decided the best time to make my romantic move was clearly the house party of someone I'd got a bit of erm... history with.
Anyway it was all good for a while but as they do sometimes it just fizzled out a bit.

Swiss Tony is unable to access his computer at the moment but txted me and asked me to add for him.

"I met him at a Candy store".

Yet to meet her / him...

Although back in 2001 at a youthful 19 i managed to pull a 16yo girl on a bouncy castle at a friends birthday.
I think it was her boobs bouncing that caught my eye, haha. Stayed with her for three years.
Infact it was her that gave me my name :winking:

I met my missus in the Shrimpers Bar, November 1999 after a defeat to Hull City. The Alan Little era. Bad times!

I met my missus when my work-colleagues suggested that, for a laugh, I should respond to a request by the
local newspaper where I worked ("The Wharf") for... you guessed it... a Harry Potter lookalike.

So, I rocked up at the paper, started chatting to a journo I knew, saw this really good looking lass across the desk from her... but didn't say anything, because "Hi, I'm Harry Potter" didn't strike me as a vintage chat-up line.

Anyhow, I had my pic taken and appeared in the paper - and, in the meantime, the journo I did know gave me the business card of her good-looking colleague. So, I dropped her an email, we met up and went out for a drink... and, almost a decade later, we're married with two kids!

As Dave says, the level of random chance is really quite staggering. I mean - what if JK Rowling had never written Harry Potter? What if either she or I hadn't been working in Canary Wharf? Mindboggling, really!

Internet dating site, came across her profile by accident, sent her a message. As they say the rest is history. 5 months later and still going strong :thumbsup:

Slightly clichéd I know (especially for me with a history of it), but my wife was a barmaid and I was the drunken punter. I think there's something that works on a man at a primeval level when hot women serve them alcohol. When I found out that she was a dancer that could do the splits up the wall backwards it was game over for the single life...

Back