• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How different opinions can be!

The Turpinator

Saga Lout
Take a look at the official Yeovil Town website and their match report. Reading it you'd think Yeovil dominated the whole match, especially the 2nd half!

Yes, we could've done better but I certainly didn't see a match that was that one-sided towards Yeovil & my opinion is we dominated the 2nd period.

I thought their fans were great & they have a real "family club" feel about them but the club is a bit too confident for my liking, as can be seen by the first para of the report & the bit suggesting Gary Johnson is the Pope takes it a bit far.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Turpinator @ May 01 2005,10:15)]Take a look at the official Yeovil Town website and their match report. Reading it you'd think Yeovil dominated the whole match, especially the 2nd half!

Yes, we could've done better but I certainly didn't see a match that was that one-sided towards Yeovil & my opinion is we dominated the 2nd period.

I thought their fans were great & they have a real "family club" feel about them but the club is a bit too confident for my liking, as can be seen by the first para of the report & the bit suggesting Gary Johnson is the Pope takes it a bit far.
Just read the report and didn't think it sounded that bad. I couldn't get to the match though, so can't really compare.

Fair play to Gary Johnson though, for saying nothing is won yet, so they won't be celebrating too heavily. Or at least the players won't.

To be fair, you can't begrudge them enjoying their moment of success. If we'd won yesterday, we'd be saying similar stuff about Tilly. I don't know if you're a roman catholic, i could undersand the objection about the Pope bit if so, but i don't imagine they're being entirely serious about that. And as for confidence, if we were 3 pts ahead going in to the final game, with all 3 teams below us needing a win to even stand a chance, then we'd all be pretty confident as well.

Well done, i say to Yeovil. Looks like they're pretty much assured of going up and deservedly so.

They won't stay up though - look how many goals they have conceded! More than virtually anyone else has scored!

By all accounts though, their defence was pretty solid y'day when it needed to be. Don't know how they managed to concede that many.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RobM. @ May 01 2005,10:42)]They won't stay up though - look how many goals they have conceded! More than virtually anyone else has scored!
Its a defence we only managed to score once past.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Turpinator @ May 01 2005,10:15)]Take a look at the official Yeovil Town website and their match report. Reading it you'd think Yeovil dominated the whole match, especially the 2nd half!

There's no way that Yeovil dominated the match. If was pretty even, and there was no way we deserved to lose, especially so late on in the game.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (RobM. @ May 01 2005,10:42)]They won't stay up though - look how many goals they have conceded! More than virtually anyone else has scored!
Our defence has been 'sorted' for next year by the addition of Sodje and Amankwah and the return of Miles - as was evident yesterday. The Pope thing was a bit of a laugh obiously (Im not sure if Gary is a catholic, and I didn't realise the new Pope was!!). BTW He is referred to locally as 'Sir Gary' and we are now campaigning for Lord Gary of Huish, hence the Pope link.

I agree that 0-1 was a bit harsh and a draw was fairer....never mind though, I am sure we are both going up. Good luck next week. I enjoyed the whole 'Family atmosphere' experience.

Back