• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How do you assess Sol’s start at the hall

None of this shambles is down to Sol - it's down to Powell and Bond who dismantled a solid side under Brown and replaced those who were allowed to leave with some truly shocking additions. There's no character in this team and very little ability....

Absolute pants. Crap formation, no leaders, players who are rubbish being asked to play a formation that is beyond them. What is wrong with lumping the ball into the oppositions half and defending from there. Playing the ball out from the keeper almost every time we lose possession because we cant keep control of it as the players aren't good enough. In simple terms, we are totally rubbish, no format, no ball winners and the way we are playing, we will be the deserved holders of the worst record in the Football League EVER. And, no matter what other fans say, I see no improvement since Campbell has arrived, and until he gets new players in WE ARE DOOMED. One question from me; why is he not bringing in out of contract players who are outside the current window?

Absolute pants. Crap formation, no leaders, players who are rubbish being asked to play a formation that is beyond them. What is wrong with lumping the ball into the oppositions half and defending from there. Playing the ball out from the keeper almost every time we lose possession because we cant keep control of it as the players aren't good enough. In simple terms, we are totally rubbish, no format, no ball winners and the way we are playing, we will be the deserved holders of the worst record in the Football League EVER. And, no matter what other fans say, I see no improvement since Campbell has arrived, and until he gets new players in WE ARE DOOMED. One question from me; why is he not bringing in out of contract players who are outside the current window?

Probably because they need paying and in case anyone has forgotten, we are skint and regularly fight off winding up orders.
What a sorry state of affairs we are in. I honestly never thought it would get this bad.
What's really worrying me is that it can still get a whole lot worse.

I agree but Sol must of been extremely confident of coming in and making an impression like he did at Macclesfield, this has not happened , I really don’t see any improvement at all and this will if damaged his stock as let’s face it we are a stepping stone for Campbell .
If he has higher aspirations which of course he has , Other clubs will just see his record on paper regardless of what he has to work with.
How long do you realistically see him staying with us should he still not be able to get a tune out of this lot in another 6 games
Sorry DB can’t believe that an experienced ex England player didn’t realise what crap he was to inherit, some of these players have now seen off 4 managers, think most neutrals and us will see the players at fault. When Sol turns us around what a feather in his cap, yes we are a stepping stone but that’s football. Sad to see many experts lol questioning his long term plan. Not a dig at you mate

Before today I thought the signs were good. He's recognised fitness (or lack if it) is a big issue and is taking steps to rectify it.

His tactics today were poor, I'm assuming he didn't watch replays from the Bond era :Unsure:

I do however like his overall demeaner, as long as he learns from his mistakes I back him to succeed, albeit in League 2 next year. We can't keep sacking managers, as much as I'm disappointed tonight we have to give him time.

Sorry DB can’t believe that an experienced ex England player didn’t realise what crap he was to inherit, some of these players have now seen off 4 managers, think most neutrals and us will see the players at fault. When Sol turns us around what a feather in his cap, yes we are a stepping stone but that’s football. Sad to see many experts lol questioning his long term plan. Not a dig at you mate

He would of known we were poor but I’m sure he also would of had the self belief to think he would get a reaction from the players being that he is a former premiership winner and England international , my thoughts are that he doesn’t have the lower league experience to turn this round at present .
I like him and I want him to do well but I’m telling it as I see it and he’s not made the impact most thought he would .
Yes he’s identified we are unfit but so have 5000 regulars that have watched us for the past 12 months

Does anyone know or can anyone lost the players that are still here that played under :-

Brown
Powell
Bond
Waddock
Campbell

He would of known we were poor but I’m sure he also would of had the self belief to think he would get a reaction from the players being that he is a former premiership winner and England international , my thoughts are that he doesn’t have the lower league experience to turn this round at present .
I like him and I want him to do well but I’m telling it as I see it and he’s not made the impact most thought he would .
Yes he’s identified we are unfit but so have 5000 regulars that have watched us for the past 12 months
I think he realised it was a long term job, experience in the lower leagues saving Macclesfield was a miracle. As you say we were hoping he would turn things around bit hard with some players with no personal pride. Sure your the same as me and recognise this. As a season ticket 5000 regular think you mean the last 2 years since PB left and Ron sacked his fitness coach, end of the day we were all hoping, Sol will turn it round give him time

Does anyone know or can anyone lost the players that are still here that played under :-

Brown
Powell
Bond
Waddock
Campbell

Starting 11 - Cox, McLaughlin, Kiernan. Bench - Demetriou.
I guess Bwomono played under Brown too. So technically 4 of the 11 that started fit your description (plus Deme too), for me that means the previous poster stating 'some' is more than fair.

Last edited:
I wasnt disputing the “some” I was more trying to correlate with the players that most think should be gone....interesting four players really ?

I wasnt disputing the “some” I was more trying to correlate with the players that most think should be gone....interesting four players really ?

You'll have to elaborate, I think all of the aforementioned other than Elvis should go. They might not be the most maligned (other than Kiernan) but they're all letting us down right now.

The point was made that some of these players have seen off 4 managers.....opinion son who should stay and who should be got rid of very from poster to poster....

When you put the two together - imo - certainly two off that list have been dreadful and look like they’ve downed tools.

The point was made that some of these players have seen off 4 managers.....opinion son who should stay and who should be got rid of very from poster to poster....

When you put the two together - imo - certainly two off that list have been dreadful and look like they’ve downed tools.

Yep, fair enough. I think I can guess the two you're referring to....

Where exactly is the money for these "at least two windows" coming from?

You could say, where has the money come from for the last 2 windows? Or 3? Or 4?

How have we signed the likes of Kightly, Kiernan, Cox, Ferdinand, Turner, Milligan etc etc

Ask Martin. He’s the only one who knows.

You could say, where has the money come from for the last 2 windows? Or 3? Or 4?

How have we signed the likes of Kightly, Kiernan, Cox, Ferdinand, Turner, Milligan etc etc

Ask Martin. He’s the only one who knows.

You're right of course. But surely it can't last, something has to give.
Another relegation which frankly is a given could be the straw which breaks the camels back.

This team is not awful. It just currently, plays awful. The insane tactics at the back in the first half, along with some inexperience, gave the team a mountain to climb. With, their confidence so low it's sliding off their bollocks like they are a ski slope, they ain't going to climb too many mountains!
There was improvement in the second half and, in glimpses, they showed they have some ability. Sol has to learn. PB, SCP and Bond did not. We are a lg 1 club with players that need to play lg 1 football.
There is time this season and I hope the gaffer uses it wisely. He sees what we see.
I was pleased to hear fans trying to gee up Taylor after his error and glad they applauded him when he went off. Not his day but maybe there is a lot better to come.

Big name , little experience as a manager , no league one experience. Big strong character who has said the right things so far BUT :

what has actually changed / improved since he took over , this is not a Sol bashing thread but honest assessment of his start .
I’m unimpressed and am not sure It could of been much worse to be fair ......thoughts ?
Makes no difference what manager we have!!!!! If we had pep Guardiola and jose Mourinho combined they still couldn't get a tune out of this lot! Crap players! Not sols team! Theres been a cancer at the club since the end of Powells reign! Its spread and until we release this lot we are f....d!!.

Back