• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How do you celebrate goals on I follow?

Totally fruit cake, only in my case she's watching as well. It's a bloody sight easier to jump up out of the armchair when we score than that bone hard plastic seat in the West. Oddly, although she does the jump up and down bit at the Hall, she tells me to shhh at home, probably because I scare the **** out of the cat when we score and I'm up in the air shouting 'get in'. I also scare him when I roundly abuse the ref or lino for something silly they have done. I save my most withering abuse for Stuart Smith!!

Pretty much the same, although it scares the living daylights out of my missus.

I watch it on the tv via laptop hdmi. For some reason I stand from the sofa holding the beer and bound to within a yard of the tv screen to watch the replay giving it a few 'when Harry met Sally' yes's, in a fashion that would indicate I'm short sighted even though I'm not. It also always results in downing the current bottle and opening another.
Luckily we don't win 5-0 ever.

Totally fruit cake, only in my case she's watching as well. It's a bloody sight easier to jump up out of the armchair when we score than that bone hard plastic seat in the West. Oddly, although she does the jump up and down bit at the Hall, she tells me to shhh at home, probably because I scare the **** out of the cat when we score and I'm up in the air shouting 'get in'. I also scare him when I roundly abuse the ref or lino for something silly they have done. I save my most withering abuse for Stuart Smith!!
the dog shakes in our house

Shouting ‘get in’ so loud that I terrify the nipper and the cat, while getting disapproving looks from the missus...

Similar in my house, no little one, but i frequently get told to 'calm down ' the shouting at the telly, and when Reeco scored yesterday i woke the cat up (was asleep on my lap) and got a bunch of claws stuck in my leg as she raced off at top speed ???

Just wondering whether other people are like me when we score.

I generally shriek, and jump up and down for a minute or so, on my own by the computer.
(my wife in the other room thinks i'm mad, saying " No one can hear you "

Anyone else as mad?
Yes !????????????????

Similar in my house, no little one, but i frequently get told to 'calm down ' the shouting at the telly, and when Reeco scored yesterday i woke the cat up (was asleep on my lap) and got a bunch of claws stuck in my leg as she raced off at top speed ???

Ouch, nothing brings you back down to earth with a bump like a set of claws in the leg! Was stomping round the house like a caged lion in the second half, got my steps in ?

A big shout of 'get in', followed by my wife moaning about me being too loud

Ha, I've even adapted some of the songs... we love you , we love you, we love you , and everywhere I-follow, I-follow,I-follow.

She says "that's not grammatically correct" ..........they don't understand.

Do you think I'm cracking up in lockdown ?

I gave her a rendition of 'we're the Southend boys making all the noise, everywhere we go' at the final whistle. I got that look which said 'just stop it now'!

Exactly as I do when at the ground
Hand in the air followed by lots of noise and up on my feet and then a Yes, Yes, Yes

Back