• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
Im 28000 miles away in Melbourne, its now 8-47am here ,and after reading all your threads on the game i feelso bloody low ,my day as been ruined by the inept display by the team i love, got to feel for all you loyal supporters their in the home of my birth.You pay good money , go out in the cold weather and get treated to absolute sub standard displaysof what supposed to be the beautiful game.RM if he isnt angry now he should be, also i think as a gesture of goodwill should refund your entrance fee back.You pay to see a game of football ,what i can gather from the threads that certainly isnt what you got.
Now seriously do you believe its time for a change in management, i ve always up to now thought PS was the man for the job,now im questioning myself.I do believe there is absolutely no chance of promotion now,so would it be better to bring in a new manager now so he can access the players before the seasons end , therefore knowing who is surplus to requirements and what is needed for next season.
I cannot remember when i have felt so low as i am at this point,bugger Wembley ,we need a team to get us out of the basement.

Quite frankly I don't want to go on Saturday.. I have had a season ticket for 11 years and never said that! It's embarrassing!

PS got it all wrong!
He plays bongo up top, a championship youth player aka BALL TO FEET! So we play him alone and kick at his FACE! We play a 5 man midfield at home to that!?

Honestly had enough. I respect ps, I admire him for saving our side, but Jesus Christ we need to sort this out

Lenny SUFC - have to agree. Been going for 43 years now, have had downs in the past but for me tonite has confirmed wont be renewing anymore. Got better things to do

Quite frankly I don't want to go on Saturday.. I have had a season ticket for 11 years and never said that! It's embarrassing!

PS got it all wrong!
He plays bongo up top, a championship youth player aka BALL TO FEET! So we play him alone and kick at his FACE! We play a 5 man midfield at home to that!?

Honestly had enough. I respect ps, I admire him for saving our side, but Jesus Christ we need to sort this out

Bit racist dont you think?

I feel gutted as it was a truly awfull performance in a long line of poor one's at Roots Hall this season. My mood has not been helped by seeing the results elswhere in our division and rather than looking forward to another game on Saturday at this stage i am dreading the prospect of these two games against teams we should beat but probably will not.
In all fairness I doubt if any side in our division could cope well with missing five regular first team players like we are at the
moment but that is no excuse for not looking up for the game like several player's did tonight.
Even though he frustrates me on occassions with his selections tatics and substitutions I would personally give PS one more season to get us up as I also feel we have blown our chances to do that since Christmas.
Think I felt worse after the Aldershot home game this season although it is a close call.

TY Lenny, do you think that just maybe ,the players themselves are not putting in like they should because of his tactics at home.In other words they have stopped listening to him.

It's hard to see. I was at vale Saturday and we looked defensively solid as a unit and played well in what was a really good game IMO.

I think we lack the cutting edge "nick Powell" type midfielder who can break a side down where as away we play on the break which suits Sturrock. Trouble is at home that's the away sides view.

Also, bongo is his nickname!

I just can't understand how a team can go and beat port vale and then lose to Wimbledon who were one of the worst teams I've seen at their place. The injuries have killed us. At home you need energy and a good tempo, Tomlin and Timlin provide this. You need leadership and organisation at the back which Barker and Phillips give us. The keeper is a big problem never comes off his line and we look vulnerable at every set piece. You need more craft and guile at home. What puzzles me is that Sturrock said at the start of the season he was going to have a different formation home and away yet there seems no real sign of that. Think he needs to give freddy a go on Saturday. Harris hasn't scored all season. Maybe go three up top and put Bilel at centre back and hurst Leonard and Lund in the middle. Spillane looks another poor January signing by Luggy.

Torquay haven't won many recently but had a decent result tonight so will be confident no doubt. Crowds are dwindling game by game.

Vindicated to some extent. Not 2 weeks ago I was pulled to pieces because I challenged some assertions that we were "lucky" to have PS. Whilst I still maintain he's about our level, games like tonight just highlight his shortcomings as a "quality" manager who is managing below his level. He is a L2 manager at a L2 club and tonight highlighted this.

I still haven't shifted my stance on the JPT. I think our league performance has suffered as a bi-product of a "day out" to Wembley, and let's face it, it is just a day out. Promotion from L2 MUST take precedence over progressing in the JPT.

I'll wait another couple of games before I get completely wound up, but tonight was definitely a game we should be winning.

Vindicated to some extent. Not 2 weeks ago I was pulled to pieces because I challenged some assertions that we were "lucky" to have PS. Whilst I still maintain he's about our level, games like tonight just highlight his shortcomings as a "quality" manager who is managing below his level. He is a L2 manager at a L2 club and tonight highlighted this.

I still haven't shifted my stance on the JPT. I think our league performance has suffered as a bi-product of a "day out" to Wembley, and let's face it, it is just a day out. Promotion from L2 MUST take precedence over progressing in the JPT.

I'll wait another couple of games before I get completely wound up, but tonight was definitely a game we should be winning.

Promotion has been drifting from our grasp since January, for the second year running.

The JPT is the only highlight of this season.

People talk about bad signings ,it seems to me PS has made more than his share of these lately,more so this season, Benyon, Spicer seems everyone agree were bad ,now it appears Spillane and Straker. Have i missed anyone, also how could a decent manager play 4-5-1 at home against a bottom 4 side,i can understand those tactics away from home., but at home ive always believed attack is the best form of defence.Once again Eastwood dosent get a look in ,mmmmmmmmmm

Back