• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

pickledseal

cowboy
We need a new teacher and as it's only a teacher, my school don't want to spend £800 on an advert in TES (Times Ed Supplement) which used to be the only place to get jobs in the past.

Interestingly schools are starting to use recruitment agencies more and more, but social media has really started to change things. I put an advert on my blog on Thursday (see <here>) and already it has had over 400 views as I have put it out there on Twitter. Obviously this needs a strong social media presence, and also it is to be seen as to whether this will provide lots of applicants or not! It is however free...

How does your business recruit?
How do you look for jobs?
Has this changed over the last few years?

NR have an external website as well as internal which list the same positions, think they also do graduate recruitment fairs and apprenticeships for school leavers.

I look on the internal website, I can't see a time when I leave the railway. My pension pot is getting bigger :winking:

Hasn't changed. Been for NR for 10 years, and before that, the railway (BR etc) for 13.

Norm Nowerdays

He might even apply...
geek.jpg

I look for new hires amongst members of my golf club, masonic lodge and private members clubs.

I have worked for a couple of top end US investment banks and it always amazes me that in my field (software development) the amount of people that are interviewed/hired through recruitment agencies (who are by and large despicable organizations) rather than by direct applications to the firm.

One thing that banks do take seriously is internships and graduate recruitment. A summer intern is well paid for their 10 week stint and this allows the bank to take a good look at candidates rather than rely on a few hours of interviews.

WRT to recruitment firms my previous role was a permanent position and the recruiter phone me six month after I started (after he had presumably collected his fee) and tried to place me with a current firm. I am currently contracting and the recruiter who placed my has tried to get me to divulge the interview questions we use so that he has a greater chance of placing candidates and trousering a fee. Absolute cowboys.

Back