• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question How does the club prepare for supporters to attend games?

I looked through a couple pages of threads and didn't see one for this topic, if there is mods please delete this.

Lets say the government agree to allow supports in to grounds with a limited capacity following the petition. Roots Hall isn't really up to scratch on a regular day, so how can we make it acceptable for social distancing and all other guidelines?

Discuss =)

Really can’t believe anybody would even consider going to watch football under socially distanced conditions.

There will be no supporters in stadiums until next spring at the earliest. Professor van Tam specifically highlighted the threat from shouting and singing at his televised briefing today. So no way, Jose I'm afraid.

There will be no supporters in stadiums until next spring at the earliest. Professor van Tam specifically highlighted the threat from shouting and singing at his televised briefing today. So no way, Jose I'm afraid.
Surely this is only an issue if you aren't wearing a mask? Wouldn't compulsory face masks negate this risk?

It's just a hypothetical. I don't see anything changing soon. But it's interesting to think what that might look like.

I our club could desperately do with some revenue but hey.........

Surely this is only an issue if you aren't wearing a mask? Wouldn't compulsory face masks negate this risk?

You cannot get idiots to wear them on trains or shops, so would imagine it will be the same at football, you can easily pick up a tag on line to say you cannot wear a mask for medical conditions

I believe if people cannot live without going to a football match when this Covid is still around and not under control, then they should seriously look at their lives

Which considering seeing the London palladium the other night is absolutely ridiculous. If they’re letting that happen there is simply no reason why fans in football stadiums cannot.

Attachments

• A77BB139-C77E-4B57-951F-7E41D40B4A6B.jpeg
    A77BB139-C77E-4B57-951F-7E41D40B4A6B.jpeg
    120 KB · Views: 76
  • D4DB0D20-C2CB-4090-A938-85E9CF2F505C.jpeg
    D4DB0D20-C2CB-4090-A938-85E9CF2F505C.jpeg
    315.6 KB · Views: 74
You cannot get idiots to wear them on trains or shops, so would imagine it will be the same at football, you can easily pick up a tag on line to say you cannot wear a mask for medical conditions

I believe if people cannot live without going to a football match when this Covid is still around and not under control, then they should seriously look at their lives
I agree it's too early for fans to be going back given cases are rising, was just answering the hypothetical question of what we'd need to do to keep fans safe if they were allowed back.

Given football isn't a necessity couldn't we prohibit people from attending without a mask even if they have a excuse on the grounds of safety? With only 1000 seats available telling people that if they don't wear a mask their ticket will be going to someone else on the waiting list in future I suspect would see most fans complying with the mask rules.

If, IF, fans behaved then we, a small number, could be safely back in the Hall.
Start with those who have paid up front for their ST for a few games, have tickets sent out to those.
Open turnstiles early, allow access to stands using pitch track in addition to usual gates..
Use every other seat and every other row.
Discourage use of loos and getting up and down.
Patience when entering and leaving.
Obey stewards, who MUST use their brains.
Wear masks, keep hands off surfaces, use sanitiser.
Eject, and ban anyone who can't follow simple rules.

IMO we, or 2-2,500 of us should be back in The Hall asap.

Start with those who have paid up front for their ST for a few games, have tickets sent out to those.
Open turnstiles early, allow access to stands using pitch track in addition to usual gates..

Yes agree with you but the thing is that if fans are allowed into some grounds (in the south where infection rates are lower) and not in other areas this will be deemed unfair to Clubs by many people - not saying that is right but is how it will be seen.

Imo, using every other seat would be too close.

In Germany they started by having a 5 seat gap between fans, a maximum of 6 people sitting together (in a row) and keeping 2 rows closed in-between as a buffer.

ASAP for 2,500 looks like being about March next year if we are lucky.

Sooner it opens the better. I'm getting through so many DIY jobs i'm going to have to start going over the work i've done just to keep myself occupied on a Saturday.

In Germany they started by having a 5 seat gap between fans, a maximum of 6 people sitting together (in a row) and keeping 2 rows closed in-between as a buffer.

I agree. I thought on the aisle seats of each block only so there's no need to pass people on the row, a few seats in from there stairs so there's a gap from people going up or down. In groups of 6 as you said too.

Totally agree.
I think supporters would be responsible enough to follow the guidelines.
If not then the answer would be simple - no supporters in the ground. I think you would find that other supporters saw actions going on against the rules in place they would say something so the few would not spoil it for the many

From what I saw of the weekends German GP F1 many of the grandstands had crowds more closely grouped than that.

No idea what restrictions they had in force at the GP, but Bundesliga football stadia were about max 20pct of capacity.

Back