• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question How does the club prepare for supporters to attend games?

Sounds like I’ll have to get my surgical support inspected by the club first then, Sergei.
Question is, should I be wearing it at the time or not, and will the Blue Belles be doing the inspection?

They don't need to worry about that, due to there being no support package I fully expect 5 or so clubs to go under by the end of the month with us being one of them.

Starting this season with no fans was barmy

Now also been confirmed a concert version of Les Mis will be running in the West End for 6 weeks from beginning of December. Only 1 or 2 seats left free between each household and no rows left empty for distancing. But we can't go to a quarter full football stadium, outside with rows left empty until March? Ridiculous.

Now also been confirmed a concert version of Les Mis will be running in the West End for 6 weeks from beginning of December. Only 1 or 2 seats left free between each household and no rows left empty for distancing. But we can't go to a quarter full football stadium, outside with rows left empty until March? Ridiculous.
It does make me consider that the measures from UK Gov are class and money driven AND at the same time recognise that theatre crowds have no recent history of fighting, spitting, surging, general lout behaviour, setting off flares.
It would take a huge leap of faith for mass football attendance to be allowed back and judging by news reports of Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, multiple London areas and many others mob stupidity is showing no sign of abating. Too many football fans are selfish, sheepish and unchangable.
An all ticket, limited crowd match would likely be targeted by ticketless "fans" of both teams and a failure of a start up hope moving towards bigger attendances.

It does make me consider that the measures from UK Gov are class and money driven AND at the same time recognise that theatre crowds have no recent history of fighting, spitting, surging, general lout behaviour, setting off flares.
It would take a huge leap of faith for mass football attendance to be allowed back and judging by news reports of Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle, multiple London areas and many others mob stupidity is showing no sign of abating. Too many football fans are selfish, sheepish and unchangable.
An all ticket, limited crowd match would likely be targeted by ticketless "fans" of both teams and a failure of a start up hope moving towards bigger attendances.

I do agree to some extent however we're not talking about mass attendance. It's already been confirmed we'll only be allowing back 2500 people in a 12000 seater stadium. I just don't understand how that can't happen.

I am not over concerned about being inside the Stadium, except I fail to see how the East Stand can operate safely. Would have to be a one way system of sorts and no refreshments.

My major concern is outside the ground and how the Club will manage that.

I do agree to some extent however we're not talking about mass attendance. It's already been confirmed we'll only be allowing back 2500 people in a 12000 seater stadium. I just don't understand how that can't happen.
You surprise me. I don't think the Liverpool fans celebrating the title outside Anfield, just for example, or others hanging around closed grounds, are helping to display that some, a small minority are going to adhere and behave. Some will do whatever they can get away with and **** the rest of behaved persons over..

You surprise me. I don't think the Liverpool fans celebrating the title outside Anfield, just for example, or others hanging around closed grounds, are helping to display that some, a small minority are going to adhere and behave. Some will do whatever they can get away with and **** the rest of behaved persons over..

So we all suffer? Yep pretty much sums it up.

So we all suffer? Yep pretty much sums it up.
Not all, the terrace, match attending folk lose out, the clubs lose out but the TV companies make money, the big clubs still sell their shirts and if you have big money I have no doubt any game is accessible.
And, as with the smoke bombs that caused a potentially big problem for our club, many "fans", a minority, can not behave, and a larger minority are tacitly supporting them.
Do you believe unticketed fans would stay away from The Hall or would they try to bribe, bluff, sneak or mug their way in? IMO some would give it a go which is the problem.

Cannot see this season finishing and i don’t think it should have even started. Professional football without spectators is just not the same and will not survive long term at the lower leagues level.
I for one will never go to a match where I have to wear a face mask, I really ain’t that desperate to watch a supposed entertainment if I’m not comfortable doing it , what’s the point!

Cannot see this season finishing and i don’t think it should have even started. Professional football without spectators is just not the same and will not survive long term at the lower leagues level.
I for one will never go to a match where I have to wear a face mask, I really ain’t that desperate to watch a supposed entertainment if I’m not comfortable doing it , what’s the point!
Masks are going to be around for a long while. I urge you to find a style and size that is as comfortable as possible and make the best of it.
I had a conversation with a shop worker, she complaining about the mask her employer provided; and the mind set for her changed when she caught on to the idea she ought to sort her own and get it right, in the same way she would socks, shoes, under garments etc.

I am not over concerned about being inside the Stadium, except I fail to see how the East Stand can operate safely. Would have to be a one way system of sorts and no refreshments.

My major concern is outside the ground and how the Club will manage that.

I see that as no different to doing your local shopping at your supermarket. Keep your mask on whilst leaving your seat until such time that you are outside of the ground and feel comfortable with the number of people on the pavement.

Not all 2,500 would depart from the same stand, and would all go in various directions.

I see that as no different to doing your local shopping at your supermarket. Keep your mask on whilst leaving your seat until such time that you are outside of the ground and feel comfortable with the number of people on the pavement.

Not all 2,500 would depart from the same stand, and would all go in various directions.

As you say, the fans would go in all directions which means much less of a problem for us compared to some of the bigger city based clubs where most head for the Underground or Metro.

As you say, the fans would go in all directions which means much less of a problem for us compared to some of the bigger city based clubs where most head for the Underground or Metro.
Remind me please,how many exits into/out of the West Stand are there ? And how many extra wide stairways for the Main Stand ?

Remind me please,how many exits into/out of the West Stand are there ? And how many extra wide stairways for the Main Stand ?
With no away fans, and a limited capacity then why would fans not be able to exit via the North Bank ramp or once teams have left pitch by walking around track to the point they want?

Then don't go if it were reopened and you don't feel comfortable.

Nice to see that at the Finland game today the ground was open and 8,000 fans were in attendance. Good on them

Back