• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How domesticated are you?

Options.

• I would be dead in a week flat.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
This thead stems from the woman I work opposite's husband.

Now this bloke is such a toby it amazes me. He cannot do any of the basic functions such as cook, clean, iron, wash his clobber...What a waster....

Last week we all went out and all he has to do was push start on the microwave which was pre-set and he could have had his dinner. He failed on this one and went hungry as he didnt know how to make a sarnie.

This got me and Ben in my office talking and basically we were saying that if we had to live on our own for time we could survive.

Ben said he can cook to an ok standard and can wash his clothes but that is it.

Now without meaning to sounds like a big-head I think I can do everything about the house myself give or take the larger DIY type jobs.

But how domesticted are you. Could you survive if you had to live on your own for a long period of time.

DtS

Last edited:
I can do all of the above bar Ironing, but I wouldnt tell the Mrs.
I like to get involved from time to time in the house hold chores by having inspections etc and reporting back to Mrs C on the standard of her work.

As much as i'd like to say i'm a domesticated God, i know a certain MOD that would point me out to be a complete liar!

I'm meant to live in accomodation provided by my work, but as the block is being refurbed, I live in a houseshare with two collegues. The house isnt exactly top notch, but it'l do. Of the three of us, and without wanting to boast, I am the most domesticated.

I'll cook proper meals etc, yet one of my mates has only ever cooked beans on toast or scrambled egg on toast. We've been in the same house for 8 months.

We had nothing utility wise apart from a cooker when we got in, so it was me that organised renting fridge freezer, washine machine etc.

It's not that hard. It amazes me how many people can't seem to admin themselves properly. If you can't look after yourself, who can you look after?

I thoroughly enjoy cooking, i can fill a washing machine, i can hoover and dust. I hate ironing with a passion.

I can do it all and would easily survive without a woman to get under my feet.

Cook, clean, wash, iron, hoover...I am the complete domestic GOD.

I leave it to my Missus to organise the cleaner, get the ironing sent out, pay the gardener.. etc

Without wishing to blow my own trumpet - I can pretty much do it all.

Now, if I could blow my own trumpet - I wouldn't even be married...

whats everyone got against ironing it simple i had to iron my shirt before school everyday its easy! I can cook quite well and know to an extent how to work the washing machine so I think I'd do well enough alone

I'm fairly competent around the house although my lack of DIY skills is pretty shocking.

As for ironing I hate it, my missus hates it....easy iron fabric conditioner is the way forward for anyone who doesn't like ironing.

I gave up ironing after ruining the red 3rd kit from a couple of season ago. Arrived slightly creased in the packet so i Thought i'll run the iron over it before i show it off down the pub but i the first second the iron touched the shirt if left a whopping great iron print right across the sponsors logo and also ruined the iron. 40quid down the pan and another 30odd quid for a new iron. Since then I have never gone near an iron!

I could call myself a Domestic God but if i had to chose between going to the pub or doing a domestic chore then I know which would win. And because of that I am no domestic god as i know compared to the wife she would have to complete the chore before going out.

I can more than look after myself and the family. From a very young age I was made to do chores and I feel that has helped me. My wife doesn't agree, but never moans when I do the washing up, clean the bathroom, iron, etc, etc . Have to say that I even have a go at sewing!

More than happy to swap roles with her and she can have the grief of earning £xx,xxx per year working in a crap industry (and doing 50% of the chores at home) - for some reason she always declines. Recently I've been trying to get her to return to full-time work, but apparently it clashes with hours at the Gym and 'Time to herself'.

Back