• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How downbeat are you?

• Total voters

jaffa1

Manager
Following on from Mr Brown commenting on how low the punters were at the Sponsors evening earlier in the week I wondered if you were all still feeling flat. Many of my muckers, who were at Morecambe, and the Stevenage away game etc, simply cannot rally themselves make the shortish trip on Sunday, in fear of suffering such disappointment again (and we are talking about men who are used to 30+ years of hurt following the Blues). I fear that our away support may lack their usual sparkle, should I be concerned?

yep -

down -

years and years and years of league 2 dross

etonian junta voted in

***** stadiums

The thing about being down is that it only lasts until we stick a goal in, then, bosh, we are on the way again. Look how tense the support was at Bury, then Worrell obliges and euphoria. I'm actually really looking forward to Sunday even if it does have to be on Sky unfortunately.

Following on from Mr Brown commenting on how low the punters were at the Sponsors evening earlier in the week I wondered if you were all still feeling flat. Many of my muckers, who were at Morecambe, and the Stevenage away game etc, simply cannot rally themselves make the shortish trip on Sunday, in fear of suffering such disappointment again (and we are talking about men who are used to 30+ years of hurt following the Blues). I fear that our away support may lack their usual sparkle, should I be concerned?
Honestly I'm not down at all now. Really looking forward to heading to Stevenage and cheering the boys on as loud as possible!

The only fear i have, is that one goal away, and at home may not be enough to see us through.

Yep. Can't stomach anymore Southend games and not going Sunday! Bury away (first time around) and Morecambe has knocked the stuffing out of me and I'm in Tenerife for the final so will be firmly in my armchair on Sunday! I would have gone had it not been on TV I must admit! Hoping my stay away will prove good news for us as missed Exeter and Bury (2nd time)!

I'm in France (Sunday to Sunday) Mother-in-laws 80th Birthday, so both games I will be trying to find internet access (discretely). I've got over Morecambe as if it was a surreal out of body experience.

Was very down in Morecambe after last weeks game. Got over it, then this afternoon my 53 year old Brother suddenly collapsed & died of a massive Heart attack. In a situation like this, football means nothing to me.

Was very down in Morecambe after last weeks game. Got over it, then this afternoon my 53 year old Brother suddenly collapsed & died of a massive Heart attack. In a situation like this, football means nothing to me.

That's crap news BBBL, condolences to you and your family. A game of football is rightfully put in it's place when real life hits you like that.

For most of the season we have not been in the top three so whilst it is dissapointing having done so well to reach third I am not too bad now. On the way home from Morecambe I was very downbeat and was grateful to have the Bank Holiday Monday to recover both physically and emotionally from the trip. For me now that disappointment is in the past for now at least so I am looking forward to a trip to Stevenage on Sunday.

I hardly know what to say to that mate. My deepest sympathy to you and your family at this time.

So sorry to hear of this BBBL, no age at all. Condolences to your family at this sad time.

Back