• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How far will England go in the Euros?

How far do you think England will now get?

• Out in the quarters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Semi-final heartbreak (again)

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • A first final in 55 years - but a losing one

Votes: 17 50.0%
  • It's coming home - Euro 2020 champions!

Votes: 11 32.4%

• Total voters

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Ok, lets test what all you EuroZoners, grumpy ones and happy ones, think England will now go.

Screenshot (104).png

Can't resist I'm afraid. It's coming home, and if it does I won't care if we win every game 1-0 and are boring or defensive or both.

Can't resist I'm afraid. It's coming home, and if it does I won't care if we win every game 1-0 and are boring or defensive or both.
Oh, agreed. I couldn’t care less either if we keep winning. We’ve just been here before, so many times. I’m preparing for the worst but hoping for the best!

We always looking more exciting when some of the younger less experienced England squad members come in. Probably because they have not yet had the attacking intent sucked out of them when playing for England. I think by about the 5th cap they finally start falling into line and passing back.

For me Grealish has got to start. I think every goal we have scored he's had a hand in the build up if not the final assist.

I think we have enough in the tank to get to the final but will come up short against Belgium.

I think we will reach the semi's ok then it could be a big ask but i do think Kane is the key,if he starts to click we could be in. come on you 3 lions.

The bookies have us down as favourites now.

No surprise there.

After last nights win everyone making a bet in England will have lumped money on us to win. Making us favourites. We were favourites with the UK bookies before the tournament started.

We always looking more exciting when some of the younger less experienced England squad members come in. Probably because they have not yet had the attacking intent sucked out of them when playing for England. I think by about the 5th cap they finally start falling into line and passing back.

For me Grealish has got to start. I think every goal we have scored he's had a hand in the build up if not the final assist.

I think we have enough in the tank to get to the final but will come up short against Belgium.

I'm a big fan of Jack Grealish too and would like to see him start games, as he did against the Czechs. But the pedant in me has to note that he was not involved in any part of our first goal in the tournament, i.e. v Croatia.

The optimist in me sees England going all the way to the final. However, the tournament-hardened veteran of so many disappointments of previous years is wary of being too confident about it.

Who would you drop? Sterling is our top scorer and Saka has done well when he's played too. Grealish might be better as an impact sub.

We really should get to the final with the path we've got now. I think we can beat anyone left in the competition but I am saying runners-up as I just fear this young team might crack in a final against a more experienced side like Italy or Belgium.

I'm a big fan of Jack Grealish too and would like to see him start games, as he did against the Czechs. But the pedant in me has to note that he was not involved in any part of our first goal in the tournament, i.e. v Croatia.
His contribution for the first goal against Germany has been massively overstated by people as well. Whilst he was involved it was only to play a basic pass to Shaw that I'd expect even Southend players to be able to make, even Harry Kane had a harder ball to play in that move. That first goal was mainly down to Sterling and Shaw. He did play a nice ball for the second though.

Think GS will keep the players calm.
Hope to get to the final....but Italy worries me

Furthest we will go is Rome and back, with the semi-final and final in London ... I'll get my coat.

Back