• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Strange. I went to both of those Vase away semis at Farnborough in consecutive years (76 and 77), the first at their more quaint but limited Queens Road ground, the second at the newly developed Cherrywood. Can't say I found it even remotely intimidating !

I was also at both. It was the first game at the old ground where they were really up for it, mainly after the game. They were giving abuse all the way through it, and waited outside the exit to the main road trying to get at the Billericay fans as they left. Fortunately there was a lot of police around who got between them & us. Maybe you're just harder than me, but I felt pretty intimitaded! To be fair the following year at the new ground it was a lot quieter. Maybe Aldershot were at home that day..

I also remember seeing the running battles all around New Lodge at the first leg of that semi final, & one mass brawl behind the temporary stand. By that time I'd been going to watch Southend for a couple of years & had never seen so much violence at a game. It shocked me anyway.

Would love to see us help put them out of the League but the way we are playing at the moment I have my doubts.
Horriblest fans I have ever come across 3 of us got set upon there years ago we were just walking down the street before a game there and got set upon by 20 of them. Really tough that was and when they were playing in Non league and played Billercay a few years ago a Ricay mate of mine had 20 of them give him a kick in.
Aldershot boys tried to take the North Bank in 1985 but were given a right hammering by Southend and sent packing they never tried that again and only started on us when the odds were 20 to 1 in their favour.

They outnumbered us massively in 1985. They didn't hang around long!

Back