• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How good was 2013 to you

chapperzUK

About that time of year again.

Hopes for 2013
Wanting to pass this course and get a full qualification. FAILED
Trying to get into a decent routine and visit the gym 3 times a week to build up fitness. YES for a few months only
Getting a new job and moving out is something I really want to do next year. FAILED

I think that sums up what a crap year it was, but try to stick to the positives. I've started on the right track to changing career. Passed the FA Coaching level 1, not hard but it's the first step on the right track, and managed to volunteer at a local club. Got in contact with friends which I haven't spoken to since before Uni - about 3-5 years.

2014 is certainly going to be a year I am looking forward to.
  • Going to Australia for 11 weeks to do Football Coaching
  • Looking at carrying on the FA Coaching badges, doing Level 2 and the Youth Modules too
  • 2 exams booked for AAT Level 4 and only 1 more left to book ater (if I don't need to rebook any)

Those are certainties, also looking to practice the Guitar again now I've found where it has been hiding! Try to have fun this year and go out with friends as much as possible.

How has this year been for you and what are you looking forward to in 2014?

Got married
Bought our first house
New job
Did the London marathon

Could have been worse :D

Lost my Dad in April
Ruptured my achilles in May spent the next 10 weeks in plaster including my Birthday. Had to cancel my holiday ,still not got a lot of strength in it
Had better years.....

New job, which at the time I was excited about but unfortunately is turning out to be a bit blah. Can't argue about the payrise, so more positives than neg.

Hubby took voluntary redundancy and is now self employed as a cabbie, there's been challenges along the way there. New job on the near horizon for me but still feeling aggrieved over the handling of my leaving the old one. Both kids still looking for full time work. Ex still being a grade 1 prat. And as of today, mum in law in hospital with suspected stroke and dad has shingles! 2013 is finishing in extremely challenging style so I'm going to reserve judgement for a few weeks :sad:

Hopes for 2013

Dad lasting the year would be a big one. Getting the Yorkshire job would be good too, though if not I should get something by March. Other than that, just get by and try to have more good times than bad

Well, dad lasted the year, and is still going strong.
Didn't get the North Yorkshire job, but one in the far more civilised Chepstow.
Moved into a flat within a large house with 1920s landscaped gardens, so pretty much paradise for me
Managed to sort out some minor money issues
Had three holidays
Lost a couple of stone, and got fitter than I'd been in a good few years
Two week birthday celebration for my 40th
Best mate got married
Finally for December, got a letter from the tax man. It was a rebate!

Yep, I'd say 2013 has been above average

Bought first house.
Planned a wedding (for Feb 2014) including big problems of too many guests (as my father-in-law said, that's a great problem).
Had some great holidays (Southwold, Florence x 2, NYC, Boston, Portofino, Spain - for a month).
Fitter and lost weight via PT at gym.
Another good year doing a job I absolutely love.
No serious injuries or illness to me or those I love.

Thank you 2013, roll on 2014...

Got to visit Thailand, Cambodia, Singapore, Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia and sorted out some future plans.

Also got to see Southend vs Orient at home which I will never forget.

It's been a good year.

Had a decent year really -

Moved in with my girlfriend. Renting a decent, affordable flat near Greenwich and I can get into work within 30 minutes (on a good day).
As has already been said, watching Southend at Wembley was a definite highlight despite the result and team selection.
Landed a new job writing for a publishing company that's much more up my street than my previous job. It took me longer than I might've thought to get my head around the industry and get settled in, but I'm enjoying it now... Had a couple of very nice lunches in the last few weeks.
Beginning to see the rewards of taking my coaching a bit more seriously this year. Had my licence come through a few months back, completed the first Youth Award and it's definitely made me consider a possible future in it. There's little more rewarding than seeing a youngster develop over the course of six or nine months.

For 2014, more of the same would be great.
I've effectively been co-editing a spin-off magazine for the past four months and it's doing very well, so ideally I'd like to be made editor for that mag within the next six months.
I'm booked on to do my second Youth Award module early next year, and ideally I'd also like to complete my Level 2 in the same year. I'd be appropriately qualified to coach professionally then, which is certainly something I'd be interested in.

The small fact of your love sausage firing live bullets.......?

*boring post alert*

to be fair it's been a really rocky road so far and at times had to avoid get too ahead of ourselves (Mrs Pubéy had to have major emergency surgery and 6 weeks off work to recover at week 14). We're now at 29 and looking forward to getting the all clear in Jan and hoping to enjoy the last few weeks before our LIVES CHANGE FOREVER

My aims were fairly simple - improve my life & that of my mum.

* I quit my job back in April, I'd been there 10 years and grown to hate it.
* Took a course on coping with being a carer.
* Going on a week long cruise to Norway with Mrs Drastic, our first proper holiday for several years.
* Got my Mum moved into an Assisted Living flat.
* Actually did things I enjoy like seeing Blues at Wembley, going to art exhibitions, gigs & comedy shows.

My aims for next year...

* Get Mum's house sold.
* Get new job
* Start selling my own artwork
* Move into a better flat

Despite the stresses of my mum being ill & getting her to move, and being without a job myself this year has actually been one of the best I can remember - hoping for more like it!

Glad to see so many people have had good years, it's all swings and roundabouts in the end, and we always have the hopes of a New Year to look forward to, no matter what kind of year we've had.

The year started with my wife going into hospital for yet another spinal fusion. That took about 3 months to recover from, in which time we had to hire a nanny. That was cheap! She's still not better and will need another operation early next year. I feel so sorry for her, and just want her to be better. Not least because she's in dire need of a decent holiday, but at the moment she can't fly comfortably, let alone SCUBA dive...

To top it all I am going into hospital Friday week so I will miss the Rochdale game, and won't be at another game until new years day.

However, on a positive note I am still in work, and as a contractor to have been employed all the way through the recession is quite an achievement, and managing to negotiate a 14.5% rate increase in the middle was rather fun too!

All in all, it can never be a bad year whatever happens because the children make everything worthwhile. It really is that simple for me.

Plans for 2013:
Complete my Dog Hanlders Course - Done
Get Posted to Brize Norton - Done
Get the wife pregnant - Done
Buy a project car - Done
See Southend United at Wembley - Done
Run the London Marathon - Fail (****ing **** ballot)
Become a millionaire - Fail
Buy a house - Fail

Plans for 2014
Get into the London Marathon via ballot.
See Southend get promoted.
Become a Millionaire
Get the MG on the road.
Buy another project car.
Buy a house.
Man the **** up and give blood.
Get to Roots Halk more often.

Plans for 2014
Get into the London Marathon via ballot.
See Southend get promoted.
Become a Millionaire
Get the MG on the road.
Buy another project car.
Buy a house.
Man the **** up and give blood.
Get to Roots Halk more often.

Don't buy another project car and you will have more money towards a house :smile:

Back