• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ozzie

Manager
wondering here in Germany,is this seasons "prog" any better -newer than last seasons.
How much is it now?
Remember my first game,the 67-68 season..at last getting a prog-mag only about SUFC,buying it, as i walked into the west side ,then going to the South bank...a geezer shouting "buy your Blues programme here"..it was great.
Then the 68-69 prog ,first game v Halifax Town...WOW a lot better.Since that day always look foreward to ,first game,new prog.
It only then costs 1 shilling(5np)..
What was very good then,not sure if they have done it since...was the league tables...
Not only was it p-w-d-l-f-a-pts..
but next to each team was leading club goalscorers, attendances...total,highest and average,,
Being a 11 year old,every sunday morning buying a paper to see whats what.
Looking at my old prog here..march 69...we are 10th,but still have the best average than any team.
Nice to look at the scorers of the other teams,legends of the 4th..
Of course ours was KING BILLY..
But names like...Aldershot..Howarth..Halifax..Massie,..Notts c,Bradd..Grimsby,BRACE..who came to us later,but to be fair,was always Grimsby..like KING BILLY is always ours

Its the same price, I like it.

Spot the mistake though..

View attachment 4867

Have you seen the errors in the Fixture list?

There's two sets of October fixtures. Our November fixtures listed as taking place in October and not separated from the actual October ones. As a result every month onwards from October is one month earlier than what it should be. Meaning that, according to the programme our season is finishing on April 2nd..

Have you seen the errors in the Fixture list?

There's two sets of October fixtures. Our November fixtures listed as taking place in October and not separated from the actual October ones. As a result every month onwards from October is one month earlier than what it should be. Meaning that, according to the programme our season is finishing on April 2nd..

Lol, no I didnt get as far as that.

Pretty poor proof reading and quality control all round then.

Oh and we're playing Newport on Tuesday 7th August.......

Sometimes I wonder why I still buy a programme - the extra information on the opposition is an improvement.

The fixtures page is completely ****ed up for October and November!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know they are a collectors item for some people and kids like them but in this digital era we live in now I'm surprised programmes haven't died out

I know they are a collectors item for some people and kids like them but in this digital era we live in now I'm surprised programmes haven't died out[/QU
They are in Germany,even Nürnberg have stopped them this season,but being "old school",
i do like to go home with a prog...got 3 suitcases full up in the loft....and when i get cheesed off,do often,i get them down and remember those GREAT old days

SNAP
take the progs with...but leave the wife behind..up for that

I know they are a collectors item for some people and kids like them but in this digital era we live in now I'm surprised programmes haven't died out
Think it was OBL who posted that someone at the club said that they aren't really making clubs any money anymore, but no club wants to be the first to kill them off.

Why spend £3 on a programme to remember the game, when a pint costs the same and helps forget the woeful performances... :winking:

I used to love collecting programmes as a kid, and I still give them a read from time to time and it's interesting to see opposition players/youngsters that go on to do great, but I wouldn't buy one now unless it was a play-off final.

Back