• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How long before we are back in the Football League?

How many seasons will it take to be promoted?

• Total voters
I've gone for 1-3yrs. It would be nice to go straight back but as our resident pet orientier likes to remind us, it will be hard. The bragging rights would be worth a snigger or two if we do it quicker than the sheep and The Os.

I've gone for 1-3yrs. It would be nice to go straight back but as our resident pet orientier likes to remind us, it will be hard. The bragging rights would be worth a snigger or two if we do it quicker than the sheep and The Os.

I think you are clutching at straws on bragging rights.

Even with your combined points total for the last TWO seasons (19+45) you still would have only finished midtable in League 2 this season and you've seemingly decided to retain quite a few of the players who helped achieve that and kept the manager who failed to scout Col U properly ahead of your biggest game of the season (a win would have given you a reasonable chance of survival given momentum swing) and set you up to play against a style Col U abandoned a month or so prior. (Brown never "revealed" what happened there did he!)

I don't understand the optimism on here to be honest when you've gone from organising protests demanding Ron out to seemingly a place of contentment because you've appointed a CEO since you actually got relegated to non-league?

You're club doesn't deserve to be non-league in terms of history and generally good levels of support for a number of years yet most on her seem to assume it's just all going to get better suddenly because you've signed a couple of players?

Even with your combined points total for the last TWO seasons (19+45) you still would have only finished midtable in League 2 this season and you've seemingly decided to retain quite a few of the players who helped achieve that and kept the manager who failed to scout Col U properly ahead of your biggest game of the season (a win would have given you a reasonable chance of survival given momentum swing) and set you up to play against a style Col U abandoned a month or so prior. (Brown never "revealed" what happened there did he!)

I don't understand the optimism on here to be honest when you've gone from organising protests demanding Ron out to seemingly a place of contentment because you've appointed a CEO since you actually got relegated to non-league?

You're club doesn't deserve to be non-league in terms of history and generally good levels of support for a number of years yet most on her seem to assume it's just all going to get better suddenly because you've signed a couple of players?

I don't understand your obsession with our club.

One of the beauties of posting on SZ and being a Blues supporter of many years is that I can clutch at as many straws as I want and be as outrageous as I want in my expectations. That's what happens when posting on your own club board. Even more outrageously, I don't have to take any notice whatsoever of another pet outsider's posts if I don't want to. In this case I don't want to.

One of the beauties of posting on SZ and being a Blues supporter of many years is that I can clutch at as many straws as I want and be as outrageous as I want in my expectations. That's what happens when posting on your own club board. Even more outrageously, I don't have to take any notice whatsoever of another pet outsider's posts if I don't want to. In this case I don't want to.

Fair enough, i'm sure there are some advantages of being an ostrich but does leave you rather exposed to getting a nasty kick up the @rse because you can't see it coming

Fair enough, i'm sure there are some advantages of being an ostrich but does leave you rather exposed to getting a nasty kick up the @rse because you can't see it coming
I've researched ostriches now and I discover that Ostrich brains are as big as a walnut and smaller than their eyes. They are not particularly intelligent, but with the largest eyeball of any bird, they can see as far as 2.2 miles (3.5 km). The comfort I take from this is that I most definitely will see it coming so my arse should remain in tact.

I kinda agree where your coming from.... last few years have been awful from sufc point of view and majority of it has been ron doing. The problem sufc have got is roots hall is decaying ground which makes losses every year, so from that point of view sufc needs ron to deliver interms of the new stadium! When ron does deliver the new stadium that will be the end of Ron time with the club in my opinion.

Regards to the upcoming season in the National league...... its good to have bit of optimism from fans! The signings on paper look solid signings but nothing spectacular where I think sufc are going up at the first attempt. It will be the next batch of signings where I can give an opinion how sufc will do in the National league.

In my opinion National league out of all the leagues is the hardest to get out of. I think fans will be in for a shock once the season kicks off.

I don't understand the optimism on here to be
Perhaps you didn't see the poll at the top of the page? Less than a quarter of respondents voted for Blues going straight back up. And surely you're aware of the British spirit of optimism in the face of adversity (the final scene of 'The Life of Brian' could only have been made here). Would you be on your own club's website doing your Cassandra act if the circumstances were reversed?

Perhaps you didn't see the poll at the top of the page? Less than a quarter of respondents voted for Blues going straight back up. And surely you're aware of the British spirit of optimism in the face of adversity (the final scene of 'The Life of Brian' could only have been made here). Would you be on your own club's website doing your Cassandra act if the circumstances were reversed?

If our club was run as badly as yours then I'd like to think the protests would still be going on yes.

If our club was run as badly as yours then I'd like to think the protests would still be going on yes.
The protests were never (officially) about Ron out (although some individuals did convey that message). We know there's no point, at this stage, in a Ron out protest due to a myriad of reasons which add up to Ron not willing to sell, nobody in their right mind buying, the club's dependency on Ron to keep it lumbering on etc. I'm sure you actually know all this.

I'm also sure you know what the protests WERE about seeing as you were participating in the threads at the time.

most on her seem to assume it's just all going to get better suddenly because you've signed a couple of players?
Are we reading the same forum? The players are too old and past it apparently and I’ve seen many doom & gloom posts thinking we’ll go bust or get relegated especially now Stan’s skipped off. Think we’ll need a few signings before we can even dream of top 7 but on the plus side we now have a CEO and a manager who’ll get the team fit & focused. This is better than last pre season, where we gleefully sleepwalked into oblivion.

Are we reading the same forum? The players are too old and past it apparently and I’ve seen many doom & gloom posts thinking we’ll go bust or get relegated especially now Stan’s skipped off. Think we’ll need a few signings before we can even dream of top 7 but on the plus side we now have a CEO and a manager who’ll get the team fit & focused. This is better than last pre season, where we gleefully sleepwalked into oblivion.
Apart from Boxing day 2020 obviously. I think something happened then but my memory is hazy.

Come on Whitey old chap, cease it with those negative waves as Donald Sutherland would say in Kelly's Heroes. We've got a battered old Sherman and we're not afraid to use it.....well, we've got John White anyway.

People in one of the worst stadium in the EFL shouldn't be lecturing other about how to run a club. Your the small club model on how not to do a move.

I'll take NL at RH over L2 in the soulless care in the community stadium in the middle of nowhere.

People in one of the worst stadium in the EFL shouldn't be lecturing other about how to run a club. Your the small club model on how not to do a move.

I'll take NL at RH over L2 in the soulless care in the community stadium in the middle of nowhere.

Lol and here comes little Ron's prized defender!

Seriously, you'd prefer your club to run in such a way that you've suffered successive relegations into non-league, with numerous winding-up orders and massive lack of investment in the playing squad because your Chairman is trying to deliver a development to give him a massive pension pot??

FWIW I don't particularly like our stadium that much either, I enjoyed Layer Road (and even places like Roots Hall) better than the new stadium but that's not really got much to do with your Chairman demonstrating breath-taking incompetence (or perhaps negligence) over a number of seasons whilst he chases his own personal gain has it?

You say just because we've signed a couple of players but Brown has already been able to sign four times as many permanent players with a month to go before pre-season than MM was able to in his summer window (1 player signed, the day before the season started), Sol Campbell was in his in winter window (no signings) combined. That inability to replace the squad in a timely fashion/at all was the most significant part in our decline.

We'd already started to turn the corner once the embargo was lifted. For the latter part of last season with Ferguson shielding the defence we had one of the better defensive records in L2. We need to marry that with improved play going forward.

Combine that with our financial strength for now relative to most of the division (parachute payment for this year plus far bigger crowds to most of the division) the expectation should very much be play-offs places. Actually getting out of this division will be tough but being in the mix for play-off places shouldn't be beyond us.

We'll need to rebuild in 18 months' time when further belt tightening will be required (and the performance of our ageing signings drops). Brown will go and probably be replaced by Fagan and it will then no doubt take a couple of further attempts. It won't be easy but if we're in and around promotion for enough years it'll eventually happen.

We have the best defensive record in the final 18 games, haven’t lost too many games too, plus we have strengthens our defensive side of the team further, we just need to find two strikers and two wingers plus a keepers too.

Back