• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How long?

Yes, but what difference have they made too results?
Well we are conceding less than 2 goals per game on average with lopota which is actually an improvement haha. And Brunt gives fans something to enjoy going forward regardless of what you think. Also just to point out they are 19 and 20 and showing up our experienced players more often than not. Lopata leading the line at the back often as an example and brunt having the bravery to actually go at players and try to create which is something our other players seem to not know how to do (except bridge)

Totally agree. We're basically playing long term harakiri with each season spent in non league.

Gates won't be hurt in the short term really, but considering I go back to the 90s and was laughed at for supporting a team who got to play against Fiorentina competitively and banking the equivalent today of £8m from selling just one player who went on to be an icon of the Premier League and that was playing in the second tier of English football.

My concern is the kids at somewhere like Thomas More who have to go through crap from their mates who support West Ham and get to talk about the Europa League while their retort is that they got to play in the FA Trophy. They'll end up saying I support XXX and Southend. We're going to have less one club fans and more floaters and that's going to take years to get back in shape.

Screw up the next few seasons and the knock on even back in the football league could last a generation or beyond.
But on the flip side if we get it right we’ve got the opportunity to have a journey that will create memories that hook supporters for life.

The likes of Luton and Lincoln are, I think, in a healthier position now than they were prior to their non-league stints. If we build our club back up, if we change the toxicity to positivity and people can see we’re moving in the right direction attendances will I believe hold up and may even grow. Indeed I suspect Chesterfield, Wrexham and Stockport all get bigger attendances now than when they were bumbling around the 3rd and 4th tiers. It’ll be tough to get out of this division the right way but if we manage it we’ll be stronger for it.

But first we need to stop the bleeding. I think we’re getting there. I feel good about the structure being put in place for the first time in years: we finally have a CEO; we have a Head of Football meaning that we have someone concentrating on something other than the next game; and (at least anecdotally) we seem to have people working together than individually. On the pitch the improvements are there but won’t be recognised by the majority until the results follow. That will be tough without a midfield and with the huge hole down our right but hopefully reinforcements are on their way. We’ve had a few false dawns recently where we began making changes and then lost the courage of our convictions. We’ll need to tough this out in the short term as no plan has reached the medium term for nearly a decade.

You cannot judge the management team or Stan until they have had a while to get their teeth into the club, you can't reverse whats been done over the last 5 or so years in a few weeks, look we are all frustrated at where the club is but it is what it is we are here, its about time we knocked all this negative chat on the head and just get behind the lads, win,lose or draw.
If we go down again then so be it, we will be back one day, we need to go through this crap now to come out the other side.

Your inflammatory language suggests that you're not willing to have a constructive conversation and you're just posting because of whatever axe you have to grind.

This is an utterly pointless thread.
What a rude thing to say. Its up to the poster what they post and if you don't like it then there's always the ignore option to use. For me, the original post didn't use any inflammatory language and he was perfectly within his rights to give his opinions and ask his questions. He's only saying what a lot of us are thinking or also saying.

What a rude thing to say. Its up to the poster what they post and if you don't like it then there's always the ignore option to use. For me, the original post didn't use any inflammatory language and he was perfectly within his rights to give his opinions and ask his questions. He's only saying what a lot of us are thinking or also saying.

It's ORM. I've had him on ignore for 18 years.

Queen Victoria in Wan Chai which is now rapidly changing from what you’ll remember it as and not necessarily for the better
Yes I know where the Q Vic is. I was last in HK in October 2019, and, because of COVID have not been back since. I would imagine many things have changed post COVID and probably not for the better.
By the way I was in Hong Kong the day we beat Wycombe at Wembley and watched the game from Delaneys in TST. The manager very kindly kept the premises open so I could watch the game (I was the only customer until a couple of thirsty Scotsmen fell into the bar just before half time). While I was watching the manager mentioned there was another patron who was a Blues supporter and that he indicated he would watch the game from the pub but at the last minute decided to fly to London and attend in person. That was not you by any chance was it?

That wasn’t me but I flew back and attended the game. I haven’t missed a promotion or finals game since I’ve been a fan :Clap:

Queen Vic hasn’t changed. Wan Chai has
Yes I have heard that.
I am waiting for travel restrictions to ease so I can visit again and see for myself. It might be a while yet though.

Back